Communicating on board Sea Princess

Is there an App. available to allow us to be able to communicate with our Grand Kids on board ship, either by voice or by text on our phones.

We used one on our last family trip on the Pacific Eden, a couple of years ago which was very handy.

I have been told that "Princess at Sea" is a possibility, but I don't think it will be suitable.

Is there an App. available to allow us to be able to communicate with our Grand Kids on board ship, either by voice or by text on our phones.

We used one on our last family trip on the Pacific Eden, a couple of years ago which was very handy.

I have been told that "Princess at Sea" is a possibility, but I don't think it will be suitable.

Why wouldn’t Princess at Sea be suitable?

I go on Princess cruises to get away from it all, including grandkids.:') Don't even take a phone, just an ipad to take some pics and check a few E mails to burn up the free Elite minutes.:rolleyes:

Yes, call me Mr Grumpy.lol. I do bring all the Princess pillow choccies back for the little blighters though, lol. Last of the big spenders.

Post it notes back at the cabin? Walky talkies?

Yes good ideas Mic, but I thought OP winrob was referring to communication ship to shore and vice versa, not sure.:rolleyes::o

I should have mentioned that the Grand Kids will be on board with me. I wanted on ship communications between passengers.

I was under the impression that the "Princess at Sea app." was only for information on board the ship, informing you what is on and where also checking your account etc. Not set up for inter personnel communications, is that so?

No, you can send messages to other passengers. The instructions for setting it up will be in your cabin. It doesn't provide any notification that you have received a message though, you have to remember to check regularly.

However it's not an app, you just log on to it with your browser. It is free and connects to the ship's intranet.

I should have mentioned that the Grand Kids will be on board with me. I wanted on ship communications between passengers.

I was under the impression that the "Princess at Sea app." was only for information on board the ship, informing you what is on and where also checking your account etc. Not set up for inter personnel communications, is that so?

Walkie Talkies would be the go. Go onto the American boards, like Princess, RCI, Celebrity, they will enlighten you re Walkie Talkies. I have seen them used.;)

• 7 months later...

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/activities/princess-at-sea/

Princess@Sea Messenger

Get ready to instantly connect! Our FREE Princess@Sea Messenger lets you stay in touch and communicate with other guests onboard directly from your mobile device. Whether it's planning drinks after dinner, or just letting your friends know where you are, Princess@Sea Messenger keeps you in the loop.

Messenger.jpg