Boarding Question

on our next cruise we will be bringing along some of our family that have never cruised before. They are somewhat nervous about the whole process. I assured them it was nothing to worry about plus we'd be there with them. After thinking about it since we are Gold (final cruise before platinum!) and they won't be anything can they still go through all the lines with us? Or will we just not be able to go through the gold line and have to stay with them?

Process will depend on embarkation port or even terminal but usual process is that a member of RCI staff will direct you to the appropriate line. Just make sure that you show your seapass documentation with the gold icon and tell them you are all together.

If they decide that you have to be split as a group then join the normal line. Best chance of avoiding lines is to arrive early. 11:00 am is a good time to aim for.

Sometimes, check-in is not open when you arrive and you will asked to sit and wait for an announcement.

My family (brothers and sisters) came with me last year and they had never been on a cruise. I'm a gold and had a suite and my brother also got a suite so we could have went through leaving my sister behind but we waited to make sure everything went smooth for them but at the same time told my brother to take the suite guest line so he got the experience. It was a little crazy in the terminal. All in all it went well and we all got on at the same time. Have a great cruise!

Process will depend on embarkation port or even terminal but usual process is that a member of RCI staff will direct you to the appropriate line. Just make sure that you show your seapass documentation with the gold icon and tell them you are all together.

If they decide that you have to be split as a group then join the normal line. Best chance of avoiding lines is to arrive early. 11:00 am is a good time to aim for.

Sometimes, check-in is not open when you arrive and you will asked to sit and wait for an announcement.

Thank you! We are sailing out of Ft Lauderdale. We have never sailed from their before. Anything we should know? Is 11:00 still a good time for there?

Thank you. We'll ask when we get there and if not just go in line with them.[/quote

I'm gold and on my last cruise I took my adult grandsons with me and they went thru the line with me and sat with me. I hope all goes well with you too.

Thank you that's good to know. What he staying in the same room as you? Or did he have a different stateroom?

Thank you! We are sailing out of Ft Lauderdale. We have never sailed from their before. Anything we should know? Is 11:00 still a good time for there?

11:00 is a good time to show up. At that time none of the lines will take long, they're all good:p

Checking in is just like checking into a hotel....why are they "nervous"? It's a vacation...not an exam or something!!! If they can't join you, you simply join them. Checking in 5 mins sooner isn't worth it, if you are all arriving together!

We are Diamond, our adult children are not. When we travel together, we have no have no problem getting in their line and boarding with them. Somehow I don’t think it’s fair to others who have earned the privilege of checking in/boarding early to have to wait longer due to those who have not. JMHO.