Stockholder benefit officvially extended

caribill

On 3/3/2018 at 10:02 AM, familymum said:

Hi, Does anyone know if you must have owned the shares a minimum number of days in order to get the OBC? I understand that you must ask for the credit at least 3 weeks before sailing but can you have bought them the week or month before? It seems to me that I read somewhere that you need to own the shares a least 90 days prior, but I can't find it now. Final payment for my upcoming cruise is Monday and I was wondering if I could still benefit if I buy the shares after that. The share price has been dropping everyday this week so I wasn't too keen on buying it, but if it continues to drop I might decide to them pick up...

I sent my trade confirmation in about 10 minutes after making the trade and had the credit on our shipboard account within 2 hrs.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Dee fabulous said:

How to become shareholder and  hold a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation ??

Here’s the form with details about how to apply for Shareholder OBC (it’s not required to use the form).

Shareholder Benefit Request Form.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

37 minutes ago, Dee fabulous said:

I don't own shares- I want to buy them!!!

E-trade, TD Ameritrade, Schwabe, USAA, your investor? https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/how-to-buy-stocks/

You will need 100 shares of CCL at $46.65 a share today's price = $4665. After you buy them you FAX Princess your latest quarterly statement for your cruise & reap the benefits : )

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

My husband contacted his 401k and used some of that money to buy 100 shares.  So nothing out of pocket. I was not able to do it on my 401K.  

Only 1 of you gets the shareholder OBC so if he owns it and you cruise together, you're covered

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Only 1 of you gets the shareholder OBC so if he owns it and you cruise together, you're covered

Correct, I don't always cruise with him 😉 So, there would be a benefit, however, if it's not via my 401K, no thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ombud said:

Technically it's 1 per stateroom. I have been on cruises where I was in one stateroom and for one reason or another, my wife was in a different one and we both had the OBC. Only thing we had to do was both of us had to submit the form & documentation.

Tom

• Like 3