$25 Referral OBC Program Cancelled

As of February 28, 2018. Old requests will be honored but no more going forward.

Thanks for the update. That program must have been a huge drain on the bottom line.:rolleyes:

The rules on that program originally said:

To reward our Crown & Anchor members, from 21 January 2011 to 30 April 2011 we will show our appreciation when you bring your friend or family member along on the same sailing as you to experience their first Royal Caribbean International cruise holiday. You will receive an onboard credit of USD 25 to spend on board (one credit per stateroom)

So cancelling appears to have been seven years overdue.

Yes, the $25 must really have been draining the bottom line for the shareholders.

The tab is still there for me but when I enter the information I get a message

that the reservation information is not correct. That stinks because I had about

10 new people coming on my upcoming cruise.

That’s too bad- I had added our friends for our upcoming cruise but when I put in my brother’s reservation it wouldn’t let me (he booked on the UK site). I had planned to call - too late now I guess🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, that could be what is happening in my particular case. I'll have to

see who I can add that isn't part of the group booking.

When we added someone from a group booking, the system accepted it, and then weeks later the status showed "denied".

I just called and the supervisor was able to set us up for the bring a friend. They said they just reinstated it this morning. Good luck all.

Edit: The first customer rep said she had no way of adding them. Ask for a supervisor.

Edited by Sirap

I just called and the supervisor was able to set us up for the bring a friend. They said they just reinstated it this morning. Good luck all.

Cancelled on Feb 28 and reinstated on March 4. There have been much bigger gripes aired on CC that didn't get results that fast.:eek::eek::D:D

I put my request in last August for my upcoming April cruise. So, that SHOULD mean that it would be honored since my request was put in before. I checked on Wed. the request was still there with "pending" as it has been. So Thursday there's a new website. On the old website the "bring a friend" tab has disappeared. So I called Royal Caribbean and guess what.....they have no record of it and they can't make new requests. I asked if I could send them an email with the screen shot that showed I had requests in in pending form. Sure, I could, but it won't change anything, is what I was told.