Any good results opening balconies on the Pride?

Has anyone had a good result opening the divider between the balconies? From everything I can find searching it looks like one of the balconies would be cut in half by the divider that seems to just swing part way. I thought it would push against one of the walls. I can't imagine anyone would want to do it.

I don't to waste my time going to guest services and/or tracking down the room steward to open it if that's what happens. Does anyone have experience doing this one the Pride for an extended balcony? Is it different by room?

We opened ours. I don't recall it blocking anything or being in the way. I just looked through my pictures and couldn't find any of the balcony so I have to rely on my memory. I'd certainly open it again.

It wasn't opened for us until the 2nd day.

Additionally I believe there are a few balconies that can't be open, so with luck you won't get those.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

We have had the divider opened many times on the Pride. Although I can not say about the extened balconys. Most can be opend but there are a few that can not, I can not find the site I found a few years ago that gave a chart.

On the Pride the dividers open out to the railing and a clamp is attached to hold it in place. You need to go to Guest Services and sign a lis to have them come and open the divider.

They can't all be opened because they don't have that many clamps. Also, they won't open the dividers on the aft balconies. They stopped that several years ago. Here are some pictures of Pride balconies with divider open:

enhance

EM

enhance

enhance

enhance

These were taken in Nassau in March 2011 after they had announced no aft balconies opened. I did not see any open.

Edited by Essiesmom

We had 2 extended balconies side by side and opened up the door between the two. I'd suggest just running to Guest Services as soon as you get on (if early enough before the crowds) and put in your request. Your room steward doesn't have the authority to open it and will tell you to go to Guest Services. They'll send someone up from maintenance to open it, and he will secure it so it won't sway. Keep in mind that opening the deck dividers is always at the discretion of the captain. We've been on cruises where the captain declined to have any doors open (never got an explanation why, but we assumed security of some sort). However, on the Pride in December we had it opened the first day out. Good luck!

So when you request to open a divider, it blocks half of someone's balcony view? We have 3 rooms in a row so I am assuming of I requested this, 2 of us would have half a view due to the divider being clamped to the balcony?

So when you request to open a divider, it blocks half of someone's balcony view? We have 3 rooms in a row so I am assuming of I requested this, 2 of us would have half a view due to the divider being clamped to the balcony?

That is correct. EM

Thanks for the pictures EM and the response that one of the balconies will be blocked. That's what I thought I saw in some other pictures. Maybe it isn't that way on all ships but if that's what happens on the Pride I don't know why anyone would do it. Not only does it block part of one cabin's balcony, but it doesn't seem to give the feel of a large 2-cabin length balcony where we could all sit together.

I checked our cabins and the divider CAN be opened and we board early (platinum) but this makes it look like we don't want to bother.

One more question - do both cabins need to go to guest services? Our 18 year old son is in the other cabin with his friend.

Thanks for the pictures EM and the response that one of the balconies will be blocked. That's what I thought I saw in some other pictures. Maybe it isn't that way on all ships but if that's what happens on the Pride I don't know why anyone would do it. Not only does it block part of one cabin's balcony, but it doesn't seem to give the feel of a large 2-cabin length balcony where we could all sit together.

I checked our cabins and the divider CAN be opened and we board early (platinum) but this makes it look like we don't want to bother.

One more question - do both cabins need to go to guest services? Our 18 year old son is in the other cabin with his friend.

We had ours opened to give the kids traveling with us a larger playing area. It did block some of our view. An adult from each cabin had to go to guest services to make the request.

Also, make your request as soon as you can. We have been told there are a limited number of the devices that are used to clamp the dividers open. Requests are first come, first serve (so we were told). Should there be a lot of requests and they run out, you will be out of luck.