Miracle or Dream

jp2746

My family of 4 adults and 4 kids will be taking a cruise this summer. We have cruised but never on Carnival. This year we need to watch a closer budget, so we decided on Carnival.

We are having a hard time deciding on these two options

Carnival Dream: Ports/Belize, Rotan and Mexico

Carnival Miracle: Ports/ Belize, Rotan, Mexico and Grand Cayman

My problem is that the kids love the food. They are pre-teen and teenage boys, so we come out ahead on a cruise.:D The Dream seems to have more food choices and more kids friendly entertainment. The Miracle will be cheaper and goes to Grand Cayman. We will be in an inside room on the Dream and for the same price, we will be in a balcony on the Miracle.

It is more expensive to fly from San Diego to New Orleans, so that makes that option a little more, but there seems to be a lot more fun stuff to do in New Orleans than in Tampa.

Please help!

I have been on the Miracle's (Legend) sister and the Dream's sort of sister (Vista)

The Miracle is a superior ship in terms of space and layout for sure but the Dream has got more bells and whistles and I would be chomping at the bit to be in NOLA. Since Tampa is the only Florida city I have been to I can say it still has a lot for younger ones...good beaches and Busch Gardens Theme Park and such.

Could you get an OV on the dream? Also...I am not sure if they fit 4 but the dream has secret deck 'insides' which actually have a window with a walkway view. They are labelled as so when booking (Interior walkway view).

Both are pretty good options to be honest as its the Western route I want to do the most atm.

• 2 weeks later...

If you’ve never been to New Orleans and can spend a day or two in town before the cruise that’s what I’d do. We love New Orleans and go with our kids. If you have a chance I’d suggest a swamp / airboat tour. And lots of the operators will pick you up at your hotel. We did one last month when we just went to NO for the weekend and it was really cool. That being said we loved Grand Cayman and we are looking at a couple cruises for next spring break, one being the Miracle with a stop at GC and one out of NO (NCL) with no Cayman stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family of 4 adults and 4 kids will be taking a cruise this summer. We have cruised but never on Carnival. This year we need to watch a closer budget, so we decided on Carnival.

We are having a hard time deciding on these two options

Carnival Dream: Ports/Belize, Rotan and Mexico

Carnival Miracle: Ports/ Belize, Rotan, Mexico and Grand Cayman

My problem is that the kids love the food. They are pre-teen and teenage boys, so we come out ahead on a cruise.:D The Dream seems to have more food choices and more kids friendly entertainment. The Miracle will be cheaper and goes to Grand Cayman. We will be in an inside room on the Dream and for the same price, we will be in a balcony on the Miracle.

It is more expensive to fly from San Diego to New Orleans, so that makes that option a little more, but there seems to be a lot more fun stuff to do in New Orleans than in Tampa.

Please help!

We have been on both ships and liked them both but I would choose the Dream. They both have great reviews but the Dream is one of our favorite ships. Our children were teenagers the first time we were on the Dream and they loved it.

We loved the shows on the Dream the best of any ship, especially since they had the live theater band instead of playlist-at least they did both times we were on it. The last time we went on it, we went out of New Orleans. We loved going down the Mississippi River for the first 7 plus hours. We had a balcony both times. The only thing I would like better on the Miracle would be having the balcony room. Enjoy your cruise!