One of the best Royal Caribbean ships is coming to Alaska in 2019

That's kind of unfortunate. I still favor the intimacy of a smaller ship when it comes to Alaska. Radiance was the perfect size. Next time out to Alaska will be on Princess, since even loyal royals tell me it's better than RC for Alaskan cruises.

LOL @ the "newbie know-it-all" comments. What are you, 12 years old? If that video doesn't sound like a straight commercial to you, you need to take off your Royal Caribbean tinted sunglasses. I couldn't care less what what OP's other YouTube videos are, I'm commenting on this one. And it sounds like a sales pitch. That's fine if it's not but if you can't see how one might not be skeptical, you really do need to take those sunglasses off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Up until now, a funny quirk about cruising to Alaska has been that most of the cruise ships that sail there are somewhat old and not exactly state-of-the-art. But this is all starting to change now, and Royal Caribbean is going to make a big impact in 2019 by moving one of their Quantum-class ships to Seattle to do 7-day Alaska cruises.

The ship that will be moving to Seattle is Ovation Of The Seas... one of the Royal Caribbean ships that you don't hear much about in the United States, since up until now she has been deployed in Asia and Australia. She's a full sister to Anthem Of The Seas, a ship that completely won me over when I sailed on her two years ago.

Royal Caribbean gave me access to their video vault, and I used some of their footage of Ovation Of The Seas to put together this video to explain what's so special about her, and why she's so perfect for Alaska.

The fully enclosed Solarium at the front of the ship, and the big views out the back of the ship in Two70 will be fantastic for Alaska cruises. And the fully enclosed swimming pool on deck 14 is a nice plus, too. There's also NorthStar, the big viewing pod that rises high above the ship... that's going to offer some fantastic views in Alaska!

If you're thinking about an Alaska cruise in 2019, you should be really excited about Ovation Of The Seas!

I'd love to hear your comments about cruising in Alaska, the Quantum-class of ships, and the video that I made about Ovation Of The Seas.

Sorry...but this sounds just like a commercial / ad.

Also, some of your views posted are simply inaccurate.

Yes, Ovation is a nice ship (we will be sailing it later this year out of Sydney).

Yes, Alaska is an amazing and wonderful destination.

No, most of the ships serving Alaska ARE NOT OLD NOR FAILING TO BE STATE-OF-THE-ART.

Radiance of the Seas (which we sailed in Alaska) is very modern in terms of the passenger experience, and features a wonderful large atrium viewing area for passengers to get a unique look out into the waters in that area. It's dining areas are clean and wood-attired for an "upscale passenger feel". These are unique (state-of-the-art) for this size ship.

Yes, Ovation's arrival in Alaska will be a contrast to ships in that area to date...but keep in mind it is as much an "experiment" as anything else. For example, because of it's large size, it cannot navigate through some of the popular (but more narrow) sailing channels such as Tracey Arm Fjord. That also eliminates seeing the unique Sawyer Glacier and 360 turnaround of the ship at the glacier for a return back through the Fjord. The Radiance class ships barely make this journey in their size class. So Ovation has some limits as to where it can go in Alaska - and how passengers react in their bookings for alternative stops once the initial season passes is yet to be determined. Alaska cruising is more about the scenery and other viewings than it is about the ship.

To be clear - Ovation of the Seas has a lot to offer. Whether or not it's going to be successful in the Alaska market remains to be seen.

That's kind of unfortunate. I still favor the intimacy of a smaller ship when it comes to Alaska. Radiance was the perfect size. Next time out to Alaska will be on Princess, since even loyal royals tell me it's better than RC for Alaskan cruises.

The Radiance will remain in Alaska during the summer. The Ovation will be replacing the Explorer.

LOL @ the "newbie know-it-all" comments. What are you, 12 years old? If that video doesn't sound like a straight commercial to you, you need to take off your Royal Caribbean tinted sunglasses. I couldn't care less what what OP's other YouTube videos are, I'm commenting on this one. And it sounds like a sales pitch. That's fine if it's not but if you can't see how one might not be skeptical, you really do need to take those sunglasses off.

Who cares how it sounds???? Did he ask to mention his name or to call him for booking?? Show us anywhere in this video a booking on the Ovation is to his gain????? ........Waiting...... Thought so!!

Up until now, a funny quirk about cruising to Alaska has been that most of the cruise ships that sail there are somewhat old and not exactly state-of-the-art. But this is all starting to change now, and Royal Caribbean is going to make a big impact in 2019 by moving one of their Quantum-class ships to Seattle to do 7-day Alaska cruises.

The ship that will be moving to Seattle is Ovation Of The Seas... one of the Royal Caribbean ships that you don't hear much about in the United States, since up until now she has been deployed in Asia and Australia. She's a full sister to Anthem Of The Seas, a ship that completely won me over when I sailed on her two years ago.

Royal Caribbean gave me access to their video vault, and I used some of their footage of Ovation Of The Seas to put together this video to explain what's so special about her, and why she's so perfect for Alaska.

0cMo5O8WLWo

If you'd prefer to watch the video full screen, in HD,
to watch it on YouTube

The fully enclosed Solarium at the front of the ship, and the big views out the back of the ship in Two70 will be fantastic for Alaska cruises. And the fully enclosed swimming pool on deck 14 is a nice plus, too. There's also NorthStar, the big viewing pod that rises high above the ship... that's going to offer some fantastic views in Alaska!

If you're thinking about an Alaska cruise in 2019, you should be really excited about Ovation Of The Seas!

I'd love to hear your comments about cruising in Alaska, the Quantum-class of ships, and the video that I made about Ovation Of The Seas.

I really enjoyed watching this video,it was excellent.

Meh, some people have to make other people small in order to feel big.

Thanks for your videos! I am looking forward to sailing on Anthem next month, and your reviews of it are part of why I am enthusiastic!

I sailed on the NCL Pearl to Alaska in 2015, and I really enjoyed reading your review about the Owner’s Suite, because we got a last minute inexpensive upsell to a similar suite on the same ship (it didn’t have the outdoor jacuzzi; it was the smaller owners suite up on the front port side). I definitely think that the Ovation would be a great one to sail Alaska since it is a cooler weather ship.

0cMo5O8WLWo

If you'd prefer to watch the video full screen, in HD,
to watch it on YouTube

Jim, love your videos. The first one I ever found was the hidden spots on Carnival Glory. I will be sailing Anthem in June and enjoys your video on her as well.

Anthem is also our favourite ship with ovation coming a very close second.

When we heard about ovation coming to Alaska we thought it was the perfect opportunity for our first cruise to that region. We are booked for June 2019 and cannot wait. To be clear , if Ovation wasn't going there we would likely have booked either somewhere else or tried NCL Bliss. I think Ovation will be a big hit in Alaska , even with the limited itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, Jim. [emoji846] Always enjoy your videos, and the positive attitude you present. Goodness knows there is more than enough snark to go around here, so it is refreshing.

We are hoping she continues into 2020, because this ship just might entice us to sail round trip Seattle. We prefer a one way route in Alaska, but this class of ship could sway us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Meh, some people have to make other people small in order to feel big.........

Just how is stating our opinion that it sounds like a sales pitch is making others small and us big? I feel the same size as I did before as should the OP. What a stupid comment. :rolleyes:

It is nice that people take the time to post reviews/make videos. It helps others and is informative. I simply stated what I thought about it. I couldn't stand to watch it for very long due to the voice and sales pitch. Just like I zip thru commercials on tv. To each their own.