One of the best Royal Caribbean ships is coming to Alaska in 2019

Up until now, a funny quirk about cruising to Alaska has been that most of the cruise ships that sail there are somewhat old and not exactly state-of-the-art. But this is all starting to change now, and Royal Caribbean is going to make a big impact in 2019 by moving one of their Quantum-class ships to Seattle to do 7-day Alaska cruises.

The ship that will be moving to Seattle is Ovation Of The Seas... one of the Royal Caribbean ships that you don't hear much about in the United States, since up until now she has been deployed in Asia and Australia. She's a full sister to Anthem Of The Seas, a ship that completely won me over when I sailed on her two years ago.

Royal Caribbean gave me access to their video vault, and I used some of their footage of Ovation Of The Seas to put together this video to explain what's so special about her, and why she's so perfect for Alaska.

0cMo5O8WLWo

If you'd prefer to watch the video full screen, in HD,
to watch it on YouTube

The fully enclosed Solarium at the front of the ship, and the big views out the back of the ship in Two70 will be fantastic for Alaska cruises. And the fully enclosed swimming pool on deck 14 is a nice plus, too. There's also NorthStar, the big viewing pod that rises high above the ship... that's going to offer some fantastic views in Alaska!

If you're thinking about an Alaska cruise in 2019, you should be really excited about Ovation Of The Seas!

I'd love to hear your comments about cruising in Alaska, the Quantum-class of ships, and the video that I made about Ovation Of The Seas.

No, they don't pay me, and I pay full price just like you do when I go on a cruise.

I just love cruising. And out of the 43 cruises I've done, my favorite ship of all was Anthem Of The Seas. I love that Solarium, and Two70! So when I heard that Anthem's sister, Ovation, would be coming to Alaska... I got pretty excited, and wanted to make this video.

Royal Caribbean is pretty smart, and they know that when I make a video about one of their ships, it's good publicity for them. So, they were nice enough to give me access to the video footage that they had already shot of the ship. But there was no money involved.

No, they don't pay me, and I pay full price just like you do when I go on a cruise.

I just love cruising. And out of the 43 cruises I've done, my favorite ship of all was Anthem Of The Seas. I love that Solarium, and Two70! So when I heard that Anthem's sister, Ovation, would be coming to Alaska... I got pretty excited, and wanted to make this video.

Royal Caribbean is pretty smart, and they know that when I make a video about one of their ships, it's good publicity for them. So, they were nice enough to give me access to the video footage that they had already shot of the ship. But there was no money involved.

I don't know who wrote the script for that video, but it's a total sales pitch. I can't even count how many times you name drop "Royal Caribbean."

I do some video editing for work in Premiere Pro and even if you used stock footage, the editing and narration of a 10 minute piece is quite time consuming. I appreciate the fact that this is a hobby of yours but unless you wrote marketing copy in a previous career, and that just happens to be your "style" of writing, I just don't understand this.

If you provided an objective review I might believe you, but this video is nothing more than cheerleading marketing collateral. If you aren't getting paid, or at least receiving some incentive from Royal, I really don't understand why you would invest this kind of time to give them free advertising.

But regardless, thanks for doing it.

The OP has a very large YouTube following and has made similar videos about other cruise lines as well. He did really like Anthem, but also likes Carnival ships, model trains, etc.

As the ship hasn’t sailed to Alaska yet, he can’t give an objective review yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the video. I am booked on the Ovation in 2019 and looking forward to seeing Alaska for the first time. I am a mega ship fan and was looking at NCL Bliss, but the itineraries took too long to be released, I was ready to book. I am also on the Anthem this September for a New England/Canada itinerary.

I just got off Ovation of the Seas last week and it really is a beautiful ship! The Two70 lounge at the back gives an amazing view and of course, the Solarium area would be perfect for cruising in colder weather like Alaska.

I don't know who wrote the script for that video, but it's a total sales pitch. I can't even count how many times you name drop "Royal Caribbean."

I do some video editing for work in Premiere Pro and even if you used stock footage, the editing and narration of a 10 minute piece is quite time consuming. I appreciate the fact that this is a hobby of yours but unless you wrote marketing copy in a previous career, and that just happens to be your "style" of writing, I just don't understand this.

If you provided an objective review I might believe you, but this video is nothing more than cheerleading marketing collateral. If you aren't getting paid, or at least receiving some incentive from Royal, I really don't understand why you would invest this kind of time to give them free advertising.

Do you homework and research before making assumptions and flaming another poster. This gentlemen is well known to the Cruise Critic community and You Tube community. Obviously you do not spend much time on this board or in researching cruises....else you would have read/seen many of Jim's informative and balanced reviews

It appears we may have some newbies on this thread [emoji20]

Another excellent video Spaniel Lover!! Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yup a 11/2017 newbie who thinks they are a know it all!!

I don't care who he is or how many videos he has made of other cruise lines it still sounds like a total sales pitch to me. That and the way he talks sounds like a total marketing sales tool. :rolleyes:

Maybe do a little research before being so negative?

I loved the video, I was first introduced to his work watching his model trains o YouTube.

I believe this will be a great ship for cruising Alaska. We are booked on the first sailing.

I do take issue with a couple of his comments in the video. This will not be the newest ship to sail Alaska. This year the brand new Norwegian Bliss is obviously newer. Also Royal did sent it's newest and best ship to Alaska back in 2001. It was the Radiance of the Seas on it's voyage number 3.

We have sailed on 48 different ships over the years and I believe the Ovation may become my favorite ship design. To this point that position has been held by the Radiance.

We spent 33 days on Ovation sailing from Barcelona to Singapore and we just loved it. We have also sailed both of her sisters.

It really is the perfect ship for Alaska with the beautiful indoor pool, solarium, Two70, and Seaplex.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm booked and will be sailing on the Ovation, in May '19, for her first Alaska cruise.

Thanks for the video.

I am booked for the following week, looks fantastic indeed.

JOHN:)