One of the best Royal Caribbean ships is coming to Alaska in 2019

In the Solarium on the Quantum Class ships, is it only open to adults even when weather not so great outside for kids to use outdoor pools?

This will be new for the Ovation so there is no history. We have been on other RCL ships with enclosed Solarium pools that open them up for a couple hours for family swims. I do not recall if it was every days or just a couple time during the cruise.

Roundtrip from Seattle, calling Juneau, Skagway, Endicott Arm and Victoria.

That will be the weekly route. The first sailing on May 13 2019 will be 11 nights and will add Sitka, Icy Straight Point and Hubbard Glacier.

Well you can count me as one of those that definitely doesn't care for the Quantum class.

Adding to that the roundtrip itinerary out of Seattle...not really the best use of time ... I much prefer the northbound out of Vancouver...and hard to actually beat the Radiance for that.

However, hope that those that are excited for this ship/itinerary enjoy themselves.

In the Solarium on the Quantum Class ships, is it only open to adults even when weather not so great outside for kids to use outdoor pools?

This will be new for the Ovation so there is no history. We have been on other RCL ships with enclosed Solarium pools that open them up for a couple hours for family swims. I do not recall if it was every days or just a couple time during the cruise.

Ovation has the indoor, adult Solarium and an indoor family pool, so the kids won't be restricted to just a few hours of swimming. The indoor, family pool also has a retractable roof, though it will likely be closed in Alaska.

Just how is stating our opinion that it sounds like a sales pitch is making others small and us big? I feel the same size as I did before as should the OP. What a stupid comment. :rolleyes:

It is nice that people take the time to post reviews/make videos. It helps others and is informative. I simply stated what I thought about it. I couldn't stand to watch it for very long due to the voice and sales pitch. Just like I zip thru commercials on tv. To each their own.

I was baffled by the "small, big" comment as well, but I chose to ignore it. It should be called out as ridiculous though, and I'm glad you did that.

Regarding the video, it blows my mind that viewers don't see that as a cheerleading promotional commercial. Even if it wasn't intended to be so, it certainly was. That was a written script, boasting a ship with an itinerary that hasn't even been sailed yet.

But regardless, we will be shunned for not waving our pom poms and cheering for the home team.

So be it.

I noticed this video on Youtube and passed. I'll pass here too. I prefer the informational value from first hand accounts of actual sailings. With respect to this ship and itinerary that can't happen until 2019 but I can wait.

I enjoy Jim Zim...love trains and cruises. I sure hope with this ship and bliss they don't port the same days/times...these SE Alaska towns are crushed. We've headed north the last six summers, last year we just hiked trails to get away from the hoard of people. We do always go to Tracy's Crab Shack since is bigger now...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's kind of unfortunate. I still favor the intimacy of a smaller ship when it comes to Alaska. Radiance was the perfect size. Next time out to Alaska will be on Princess, since even loyal royals tell me it's better than RC for Alaskan cruises.

Agreed.

Can you imagine Ovation, NCL Bliss etc in port in, say, Skagway on the same day ?

Too many people.

I enjoy Jim Zim...love trains and cruises. I sure hope with this ship and bliss they don't port the same days/times...these SE Alaska towns are crushed. We've headed north the last six summers, last year we just hiked trails to get away from the hoard of people. We do always go to Tracy's Crab Shack since is bigger now...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very unlikely. Bliss will sail from Seattle on either Saturday or Sunday, Ovation will sail on Friday. The Ovation is taking over for the Explorer. We sailed the Explorer a few times last year and never saw a NCL ship. The day we were in Skagway there were about 9,000 cruise passengers in town. I saw their schedules showing that on one day each week there was 14,000.