Gem,breakaway or anthem

sullyd

Tons of threads on this subject. Do a search for them and you'll get lots of info.

(short answer is Gem unless you have kids that go gaga over waterslides and other activities)

Thanks

Been on all three:

Anthem - was on 2nd NYC sailing. Too many people, inexperienced staff. Great lounge in aft of ship, but food / shows were meh. "Crowded" was the operative word

Breakaway - also large, but we had the benefit of being in the Haven so different experience. Shows - awesome. Food - awesome. Ship - crowded and no large area for social events which is odd.

Gem - favorite ship by far. Great open areas, spinnaker lounge is the bomb for sunrises and sunsets, fantastic staff, so, so friendly! restaurants were wonderful, shows fantastic, and you rarely waited for anything. Fewer bells and whistles - but certainly enough to any child of any age happy. Can't wait to go back for next Thanksgiving.

Amy

OP: you are talking about very different ships (especially Gem v. Anthem). You'd need to provide more information (e.g., are kids traveling with you, what's important or not important to you about a ship, etc.) in order for anyone to be able to give you relevant advice.

I loved the Gem. Sailed her twice, and would sail her again. We are going on the Dawn out of Boston in June because we wanted to go to Bermuda. Did not want to go on big ship, like the Escape. Hope the Gem comes back to the East coast.

Tons of threads on this subject. Do a search for them and you'll get lots of info.

(short answer is Gem unless you have kids that go gaga over waterslides and other activities)

I'm well into my 60's and I opt for the ships with the awesome water slides. It isn't always kids climbing up those steps!