Taxi, Uber, Lyft or Transportaion Service from FLL

Hey guys!

With the development of Uber & Lyft it seems to be a legit question to ask. What is the best and least expensive way to go from FLL to a hotel, hotel to Port Everglades and then Port Everglades to FLL. We have used taxis and hired services before but just curious if the new trendy way may be a better option to throw out there.

Thanks in advance for all or your insight on this!

We stayed in FLL last year. Used Uber on all journeys. Was the cheapest and most convenient option. Transfer to port and pickup were really easy. We used a porter on debarkation and he took us to the designated pick up spot for Uber.

We waited 1 minute at the pier in FLL for an Uber driver to take us to Miami Airport. He was right there waiting for a call. It was easier and cheaper than taking a taxi and much cheaper than the cruise line's shuttle bus.

I had good experiences with Lyft in FLL until my cruise in January where the driver did not indicate that he dropped us off. I noted that in my comments and Lyft actually credited me back the "extra" by the next morning without me even asking for it. My Lyft to the port was funny because the guy had never dropped anyone off at the port and did not know the security procedures. I generally just go for a taxi bac to FLL because there is a queue and I don't want to deal with identifying the correct car or waiting for them to navigate through the port if they are not already in front of the ship.

My kids swear by Uber, never a taxi anymore...

I mean, come on now. Taxis are great if you like to pay double, ride in a dirtier, older car with someone who refuses to turn on the AC, and wait 30-60 min for him to appear

Yup..no questions asked..Uber/Lyft is the way to go now....easy to use out of FLL..used it to get over to Port of Miami and was 1/3 the cost!

I used to either use taxi and/or hired cars but no longer based on the huge cost savings!

Does Uber pick up from FLL airport ? We were last there two years ago and Uber wasn't allowed to pick up from the airport (I think). So we ended up taking a taxi to our hotel. Taxi driver tried ripping us off. Telling us we owed more than what was on the meter (extra $10 even though there was a sign in the cab that said You Only Owe What Is On The Meter). It was horrible.

Thanks for all of the tips and experiences!!!

We will most likely Uber from FLL to the hotel and ship and then taxi from ship back to FLL.

Seems the most practical from what I am reading.

Thanks again!!!

Does Uber pick up from FLL airport ? We were last there two years ago and Uber wasn't allowed to pick up from the airport (I think). So we ended up taking a taxi to our hotel. Taxi driver tried ripping us off. Telling us we owed more than what was on the meter (extra $10 even though there was a sign in the cab that said You Only Owe What Is On The Meter). It was horrible.

Yes, Uber and Lyft can pick up from FLL airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey guys!

With the development of Uber & Lyft it seems to be a legit question to ask. What is the best and least expensive way to go from FLL to a hotel, hotel to Port Everglades and then Port Everglades to FLL. We have used taxis and hired services before but just curious if the new trendy way may be a better option to throw out there.

Thanks in advance for all or your insight on this!

We use the free hotel shuttle to go from the airport to the hotel, then Uber from the hotel to the ship.