Chocolate melting cake twist

Wolfhunt

Just remembered about this after someone else mentioned the melting cake on another thread.

On our last cruise we were talking to one of the girls on the entertainment staff before trivia and she asked if we liked the melting cake (yes) and then asked if we like Reese Cups (yes). Her suggestion, get the melting cake with a side of peanut butter. Then mix or put the peanut butter in the melting cake. Turned out to be really good.

If you like chocolate and peanut butter then try it. I don’t think I’ll ever order the cake without it again. Of course, now I am wondering what else would mix in well with the melting cake (a little rum perhaps :confused:)

I’ve had the Peanut butter way on the first night, on our first cruise last fall. It became my go-to most evenings. Our Waiter had a big smile, when he replied...oh, you have sailed with us before! (Thanks CC boards).

I am not aware of “Mickey Mouse style”???

I am not aware of “Mickey Mouse style”???

2 Ice creams, as the "ears", with the cake as the head. It's the perfect ratio of cake to ice cream this way. 1 ice cream is never enough!

• Haha 1

Chocolate with chocolate should be fine, I used to order the melting cake, and the cherries jubilee dessert , and pour the cherries into the chocolate melting cake. But the last time I cruised they didn't have the cherry dessert on the first night anymore.

I salt the cake and the ice cream! Makes it so much better. [emoji4]

One of my favorites as a youth was chocolate ice cream and potato chips.

Edited by rpyne
correct quote

I’ve had the cake “melting” and totally cooked as well (asked our Waiter to cook it a bit more). I think my favourite would be somewhere between the two, I find the melting way a little too melty.

2 Ice creams, as the "ears", with the cake as the head. It's the perfect ratio of cake to ice cream this way. 1 ice cream is never enough!

BAM! And I completely agree. Going to go to town on these again come July.

1520372944612.thumb.jpg.552257d6430cd7bfc65bd96c141b0437.jpg

Fresh fruit.....strawberries..bananas especially...use it as a dip...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We order the fruit plate.

Daughter likes fries. Yeah, don’t ask.

Good ideas (well, I am not sure about the fries but if that’s what she likes why not). I am so going to have to try a different combination each night on our upcoming cruise.

I wonder if I put some rum or whiskey on one if the waiter would light it for a little flambe effect?

After our waiter on the Splendor (Allan "Palmer") suggested Butter pecan, we had two scoops of Butter Pecan after that. I could be persuaded to try something like cherry ice cream or see if I could get some cherry toping. I don't think I ever heard our wonderful waiter ever say "no that can't be done."

• 6 months later...

Oh the vanilla ice creams with it, or the fruits sound really good. I'll have to try both of those. Typically I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but the melting cake seems like something I should at least try, so it's nice to have options of something to eat with it so it's not JUST chocolate, which gets overwhelming to me personally.