Pacific Eden leaving P&O fleet

Bit of a surprise that CMV takes her. But seems a good fit. They wouldn't have wanted the larger Jewel or Dawn.

Carnival Corporation must have got a decent price for Pacific Eden. Is Aria going too? :confused:

Eden is going to the German division of CMV, the Germans like coming to OZ. They love the NT, Darwin, Ayers Rock etc.

Might have to sneak in a farewell cruise before she goes. I was on her inaugural cruise from Perth. Am currently sitting in Skywalkers on Diamond Princess doing a farewell to her as not sure if she’ll be back in Oz. Later this year I’ll be doing an hello to Majestic and a farewell to Golden . If ships keep changing around I’ll be dizzy just saying hello and goodbye. Also did farewell Dawn Princess and hello to Pacific Explorer [emoji51]( and that’s just Princess and P&O )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, better get some Royal hellos and goodbyes in as well.:D

Carnival Corporation must have got a decent price for Pacific Eden. Is Aria going too? :confused:.

I think with all the maintenance they could see coming up on her , they would be eager to hand her on to some one else . P&O are not keen on maintenance.:rolleyes:

I think with all the maintenance they could see coming up on her , they would be eager to hand her on to some one else . P&O are not keen on maintenance.:rolleyes:

I am not sure of that statement, for starters, if they don't want to do maintenance, why get the old ships. My theory is that P&O 's hands are tied and that Carnival Corp is ruling the roost and what they say goes, this ship goes to you and we are selling that ship, etc..

I am not sure of that statement, for starters, if they don't want to do maintenance, why get the old ships. My theory is that P&O 's hands are tied and that Carnival Corp is ruling the roost and what they say goes, this ship goes to you and we are selling that ship, etc..

Agree, Carnival Corporation has plenty, they maintain heir ships, but if open to offers and one comes along at the right price, bingo, she's gone to Gowings, new line, new colours.:cool:

Just spent 17 days on board Pacific Aria, love that ship. A little birdie told me, actually, lots of little birdies (officers) said Aria was up for sale as we. Such a shame.:(

It would be a shame if she went as well.

Yeah, better get some Royal hellos and goodbyes in as well.:D

I need to get my first Royal cruise in sometime [emoji2] I was eyeballing Radiance today from my balcony on Diamond in Melb today !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on Eden for New Guinea and the Solomon Islands from Cairns in August. Have been on Eden once before and really enjoyed her as a small ship alternative. Let's hope P&O don't let Eden run down to a shabby level knowing it has been sold.

• 2 months later...

Any other Cairns embarkers here? Have jsut called the port authority to find out if there are any other cruise ships coming here as their home port after Eden goes and they have no information on anything for at least 2 years!! Really sucks that we now have the added expense of flying to a home port. Does anyone have anymore info at all? Have tried calling P and O but the wait time is crazy. Cheers

Any other Cairns embarkers here? Have jsut called the port authority to find out if there are any other cruise ships coming here as their home port after Eden goes and they have no information on anything for at least 2 years!! Really sucks that we now have the added expense of flying to a home port. Does anyone have anymore info at all? Have tried calling P and O but the wait time is crazy. Cheers

P&O did announced just after they said about Pacific Eden leaving the P&O fleet that they would not be doing any more cruises from Cairns for the foreseeable future.

I guess once the Golden Princess goes to the P&O fleet in 2020, then they might be able to use the Pacific Aria to restart the Cairns sailings in the 2021 season.

I hope the new ship does dock in Cairns. Looks like in the foreseeable future I will need to get over my fear of flying haha:D :D:)

The Golden Princess is too big to dock in Cairns.

I heard from a friend in Cairn that the Pacific Dawn is going to try and dock in Cairns again latter on this year or next year (The Pacific Dawn did use to dock in Cairns a few years back, before she hit a sand bar, and they stopped many cruise ships docking there for a few years, till recently (in the last two - three years), now the Sun Princess, Sea Princess (and the old Dawn Princess, aka Pacific Explore) can now dock in Cairns.