how many weeks out is final payment

bogofman

90 days before sailing. I recommend to pay some days before the FPD arrives

That's the official policy, but at least one large, online TA wants payment at least 4 months out. so it varies by agency. Ask at the time of booking. Might also make a difference if you are doing a group booking.

If you book through a travel agent they will frequently request authorization for final payment from you up to a week, and possibly more, prior to the 90 days as a safeguard for you to assure no issues with processing. Ours as example is 1 week prior.

But if booked direct 90 days prior to sailing, as previously indicated, is the current final payment timeframe.

Our large online TA schedules final payment 2-3 weeks before X's 90 day date.

Most likely the one I was pointing to in my post. They are the only one I know of that does that. They once told me that when they do group guarantees cabins will not be assigned until all passengers in the group are paid in full.

Most likely the one I was pointing to in my post. They are the only one I know of that does that. They once told me that when they do group guarantees cabins will not be assigned until all passengers in the group are paid in full.

No way to know if we're talking about the same one, especially since we can't mention TA names. I don't know about the guarantee thing since we've always picked our own cabin rather than chancing a guarantee selected for us.

Our large online TA schedules final payment 2-3 weeks before X's 90 day date.

Wow that's early. Ours is a small TA staffed by agents, one of which we deal in person via phone or email, who as indicated, requests our authorization about 1 week in advance.

But either way it should be noted that the formal final payment date recognized by the cruise line is 90 days, so any advantageous price or other changes that take place before or by final payment would be as of that date, not the TA's date.