25% discount on excursions... genuine or not?

Not genuine. Deluxe drink package £33.75 per day with the 20% discount today, but paid exactly the same 2 weeks ago.

All shore excursions are same prices as 2 weeks ago as well. Last day shore excursion with a hotel drop off is actually almost £20 more expensive today than what I've paid 3 weeks ago

I think if you read the fine print, you will find it says "off onboard pricing", so while the pricing may change online here, there and everywhere, what they are supposedly comparing it to is what you would pay if you booked onboard. Of course none of us know what that pricing is until we get onboard, so difficult to track.

RCL website is stating 25% discount on shore excursions until today 8th March ..UK guests.

Is it genuine or just fake advertising? Don’t know whether to book today or not?

The sale prices mean nothing. You just need to keep checking. We booked an excursion a couple of months ago for May cruise. The price today shows $84 including 15% off. We paid $63. If you see a price you are comfortable with just book it. If the price comes down you can easily cancel your original reservation and rebook at the lower price. Just know that they will charge the new reservation immediately and the refund will take about 4 days.

The sale prices mean nothing. You just need to keep checking. We booked an excursion a couple of months ago for May cruise. The price today shows $84 including 15% off. We paid $63. If you see a price you are comfortable with just book it. If the price comes down you can easily cancel your original reservation and rebook at the lower price. Just know that they will charge the new reservation immediately and the refund will take about 4 days.

This is exactly what i was doing. Booked all shore excurions straight away and paid slightly over £700 for me and my wife. Kept cheking every other day, canceling and rebooking and now paid £555 for the same excursions.

So always a good thing to keep checking the prices and cancel it if you see it cheaper.

Just a note that a refund will not be instant it will reach your account in 5-10 days

FAKE sale.... for our upcoming cruise at least. (n)

The price of an excursion today with 20% off is EXACTLY the same price as we paid before the sale.

And it even says the price shown reflects the discount!! :mad:

FAKE sale.... for our upcoming cruise at least. (n)

The price of an excursion today with 20% off is EXACTLY the same price as we paid before the sale.

And it even says the price shown reflects the discount!! :mad:

First time cruiserr here so I was very confused when there was a discount but the prices were identical when i checked few days ago without any discounts.

I called them and lady at the customer service said "oh it is just a reminder that the prices on board ar more expensive".

To me that's a bit misleading since no one knows the onboard price and they can claim 75% discount and still keep the same price

The prices are the same as yesterday. Today they just planted the discount offer on top of each excursion/drink/restaurant..

My experience is book early and check regularly. For example, the atlantis aquaventure excursion. I booked at 143 pp, then it went to 159, then got cancelled, then resurfaced at 149 then recently 117.

Drawback is the credit card will go thru some credit/debit workout.

First time cruiserr here so I was very confused when there was a discount but the prices were identical when i checked few days ago without any discounts.

I called them and lady at the customer service said "oh it is just a reminder that the prices on board ar more expensive".

To me that's a bit misleading since no one knows the onboard price and they can claim 75% discount and still keep the same price

You will get used to Royals 'misleading' sales tactics.

They do the same thing with the actual cruise fare, so make sure you check that also. The new "sale": that started today appears to be better than the one that ended yesterday. Yet, even with accounting for on board credit, the cruise I checked was actually $38 MORE today than yesterday. And a balcony guaranteed cabin (which is all they showed) $294 more than I paid for my mid ship hump balcony. Like we've been saying, check on your purchases often. The prices even change sometimes from day to day during the same "sale".

Definitely a reduction on excursions on my cruise. I put three excursions in my basket on 20th Feb and took a screen shot (did not purchase them) Over the three my total price is over £100 less. I have now purchased them.

I usually check the prices of private, similar (or sometimes exact) excursions to see if the price is comparable. You can't always do it with random beach or snorkel excursions but if there is enough detail you can get an idea.

I don't know whether the discounts on the current sale are genuine. However, a few weeks ago, I booked a shore excursion at 25% off and it really was discounted because when I had checked the price for the same excursion previously it was higher. In any event, you can cancel the excursion and get a full refund up to 48 hours before you arrive in port so you really have nothing to lose.

Don't worry about it. When your account gets migrated to the new combined server you won't be able to see any excursions or onboard reservations. At least my next cruise is a few months off so they have a chance to fix the problem before I need to see everything that is booked. Folks cruising in a few weeks are having the same problem.

Up until the site "enhancement" it was easy to watch excursion prices. Anytime they advertise a sale log in and see if what you booked is now cheaper. The red % off banner just lets you know what might be on sale - the discount bears no relation to actual price. Use your Order History at the top of the page if you don't remember what you paid. Cancel and rebook anything cheaper.

Going to let the concierge know how angry these deceptive practices make their good customers. Can't trust anything on the website. SMH

By all means mention it. But I sort of tend to doubt that the concierges are in the habit of checking the pricing for cruise extras...as in never. :):)

By all means mention it. But I sort of tend to doubt that the concierges are in the habit of checking the pricing for cruise extras...as in never. :):)

I agree. Only looking to have the concierges pass along to Miami the deceitful non-sales have to end.

Yes, from my past experience. For instance, I booked a St. Martin beach excursion on sale for $51 for our Allure Easter cruise. On board on our Anthem Jan. 28th same tour was $65.

Also, found tours taken during our Med. cruise to be more expensive on board as opposed during the sales.