Book Alaska for June or July tonight or best to wait?

Tim Cruise

Flight from Minnesota to Seattle very good. 4 of us (@ kids) are under $800. But if I wait do the cruises usually come down as the sailing date gets closer.

Also is this NCL free drinks lies? If I understand the fine print one has to pay more for the cruise. Then pay like $18 a day for the benefit then the are some special charges on top of this on the original booking charges then there is 20% tip and tax all on a $80 limit. Sounds like could cost more for free dinks than buying them.

Flight from Minnesota to Seattle very good. 4 of us (@ kids) are under $800. But if I wait do the cruises usually come down as the sailing date gets closer.

Alaska in June or July is in very high demand. If you have stumbled upon agreeable air fare for a certain date and the cabin category and location that you want is available, book now. Unlike the Caribbean NCL has far fewer ships in Alaska which tend to fill up well in advance. As Princess and Holland America have around 80% of the passenger berths in Alaska each summer you sometimes catch a noticeably undersold sailing of theirs in a last minute sale. Far less so with a more mainstream/younger skewing line like NCL.

Also is this NCL free drinks lies? If I understand the fine print one has to pay more for the cruise. Then pay like $18 a day for the benefit then the are some special charges on top of this on the original booking charges then there is 20% tip and tax all on a $80 limit. Sounds like could cost more for free dinks than buying them.

NCL does not offer any perks on the lower priced guarantee bookings. You have to book a cabin category with specific cabin selection at whatever price is available to get your choice of the free beverage package.

Yes you are assessed a 20% "service charge" (that's what it is, whether or not they call it a gratuity) on the retail value of the free (sic) package, which is currently $80/pp/pd. That $80 is not specifically the daily consumption limit; you have to read the terms for your specific cruise very carefully when you book to see what the limitations are on either selection and/or daily quantity.