Excursions

maryshopper

When you go on snorkeling excursions, can you take a towel from the boat or do you need to bring your own beach towel? If you have a long day scheduled and won't have time for lunch, can you take some snacks from the boat?

When you go on snorkeling excursions, can you take a towel from the boat or do you need to bring your own beach towel? If you have a long day scheduled and won't have time for lunch, can you take some snacks from the boat?

I always take a backpack with my snorkel gear, NCL pool towel, a small snack like a banana, and, most importantly: Sun Screen!. If I don't eat the banana before I go back on board, I throw it away as you can't bring food back onto the ship.

Uh...unpackaged food is not allowed on or off the ship. Some ports have fruit sniffing dogs. Agricultural diseases can be an issue and you could actually get in trouble for doing it. Instead, carry bottles of water, granola bars, small cereal boxes. You can always purchase snacks or lunch at your port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Uh...unpackaged food is not allowed on or off the ship. Some ports have fruit sniffing dogs. Agricultural diseases can be an issue and you could actually get in trouble for doing it. Instead, carry bottles of water, granola bars, small cereal boxes. You can always purchase snacks or lunch at your port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree 100%

Towel yes, it is expected that you do. Don't bring fruit off the ship (that's a no-no). However you can bring small boxes of cereal for the kids. I have brought a couple of muffins off the ship and I know others do too, but seriously no fruit.

There are reasons why these laws exist.

Yes there are. Mainly taxation for fresh foods. We have found that giving a bit of fresh fruit to children has tremendous return value, especially in areas where such items are extremely expensive, such as the Carib islands.

Take a backpack with you. We have never been searched leaving the boat. On the islands we often take fresh fruit that we give to local children.

Please don't do this. It is against the law and could potentially permanently damage the ecology of the areas you are visiting. Exact same reason you are not allowed to take any fruit, vegetables into our out of Hawaii.

Take a backpack with you. We have never been searched leaving the boat. On the islands we often take fresh fruit that we give to local children.

You have clearly never been to Cozumel. In the morning every bag is searched by a dog as you exit the pier.Any food that is not packaged is taken away from you.

Have been to Coz, don't really consider that part of the "islands" although technically it is an island of Mexico.

And for those that are so upset about possible ecological issues. We just SHIPPED tons of bananas, apples, oranges, and other fruit to those same islands after the hurricanes.

We are taking a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. There are not the same phytosanitary requirements as for many other (warmer) countries, and Norway is happy for us to import food for our own use.

See: http://www.toll.no/en/goods/plants-and-seeds/regulations-for-fruits-vegetables-plants-flowers-and-seeds/

Will the Jade be ok with us taking off some fruit, or other snacks?

You may bring your towel with you. It will be collected when you return to the ship.

Only thing you should take off ship would be sealed, little boxes of cereal. Don't think there is anything else available that would be factory sealed. You could bring your own granola bars from home however.