Drink Package Discount?

Is it better to wait on purchase on-board or at the going rate of 53 bux?

We leave in 2 weeks.

Hard to say, prices can vary. Price onboard Adventure this week is $57 plus 18%.

Hard to say, prices can vary. Price onboard Adventure this week is $57 plus 18%.

Thank you, Bob! I hope you and your SO are having a nice time onboard Adventure :)

I just logged onto the CP, and currently the deluxe beverage package is approximately $44 USD plus 18% gratuity.

Thank you, Bob! I hope you and your SO are having a nice time onboard Adventure :)

I just logged onto the CP, and currently the deluxe beverage package is approximately $44 USD plus 18% gratuity.

You're welcome, we are having a very nice time, and that $44 is a pretty good price.

What's the highest percentage off the drink package anyone has seen? My Cruise Planner is currently showing 20% off, but I seem to remember getting 30% off on a past sailing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I never pay attention to what the "percent off " is, I look at the bottom line price. If you see any type of discounted price, purchase it now and you can always cancel and rebook if the price drops further. More leg work on your part, but such a good feeling when it does go down and you grabbed it.

Dan

I'd jump on $44 if I saw it. I logged in as well and mine shows $53... (15% off)...

Do you pay for it when you book it online or is there a date the payment is due by for drinks and shore excursions? We purchased the cruise through an online travel site so our final cruise fare will be to them, not RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I echo what several others said 1,000,000%.

Ignore the wording of the offer. Look at the $ price per day.

The lowest *I* have seen personally is $41. I have read a couple of reports of $38, but those may be unicorns. ;) :D

It is DEFINITELY higher on board, so if you (or anyone reading this thread) has a C&A discount, keep that in mind when you are comparing pre-cruise prices to price on board with your discount.

Do you pay for it when you book it online or is there a date the payment is due by for drinks and shore excursions? We purchased the cruise through an online travel site so our final cruise fare will be to them, not RC.

You book it on the RC site directly, and pay when you book. if your cruise reservation is through a travelvagent then all other changes must be made through the agent but drinks, internet, and excursions are always purchased directly through RC's site and paid in full at that time.

Thanks for all the good information. From those that purchased the drink package pre-cruise, was an additional 18% added or was the advertised price what you paid?

The gratuity is always added at the moment of purchase. The prices quoted above are all before the gratuity was added.

You book it on the RC site directly, and pay when you book. if your cruise reservation is through a travelvagent then all other changes must be made through the agent but drinks, internet, and excursions are always purchased directly through RC's site and paid in full at that time.

Good luck getting into your Cruise Planner. :D

If you pay when you book, how do you cancel and rebook if you find a lower price?

You can cancel and rebook through the cruise planner. If you used any OBC, it should be refunded immediately so you can use it to repurchase.

But was gratuity added to the price of the drink package or was it included?

In the US and Canada 18% gratuity is added to the price that is shown for the drink package at checkout. In other countries the gratuity may already be included in the display price that is shown on the website.

You can find out for yourself by continuing on through the purchase process. Unless you give them your credit card or approval to use your OBC, there are no charges to check out pricing.