Ideas for Easter Gift?

sjmbruce

I'd like to be able to give my niece an Easter gift or basket while onboard, but not sure what to bring. A traditional Easter basket with candy doesn't seem practical (packing an actual basket, bringing candy onboard a ship full of food). Any creative ideas?

How old is the young lady?

Perhaps a small tote in lieu of a basket. Coloring book and colored pencils, gum, sunscreen, lip balm, flip flops, a journal, perhaps? Her age and interests would certainly be factors in your choices, as would your destination.

I'd like to be able to give my niece an Easter gift or basket while onboard, but not sure what to bring. A traditional Easter basket with candy doesn't seem practical (packing an actual basket, bringing candy onboard a ship full of food). Any creative ideas?

Instead of an Easter basket, how about an Easter gift bag? It would easier to pack, and you could fill it with the same goodies you'd put in a basket. A pair of sunglasses, flip-flops, maybe some sunblock. If you opt to bring candy, consider something like M&M's or gummy bears or most anything that won't easily melt. Maybe a card with a note saying you'll take her to the gift shop on board and buy her something. Of course, you'd have to set the limit.

Edited by beachbum53

What a sweet idea. How old is she?

Remember that the ship probably won't serve the traditional Easter candy. The shop on board may sell it but it will be frightfully expensive. I would recommend a basket or gift bag from the dollar store and since you know her best, I'm sure anything you choose will be wonderful. You can pack a small basket - just place something soft inside it so it retains its shape, and snuggle it in-between other clothes. The hard shell Eggies or Mini Eggs won't melt; also jelly beans, licorice, that type of thing. I like all of the previous posters' ideas, but you know her best.

Have fun.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! She is 12 and we'll be in the Caribbean, so a bag with lip balm, flip flops and other beach items would be perfect. I'm glad someone mentioned that there won't be traditional Easter candy on board, so I'll be able to throw some jelly beans and such in there without feeling too crazy. Thanks again!

Thanks for the ideas everyone! She is 12 and we'll be in the Caribbean, so a bag with lip balm, flip flops and other beach items would be perfect. I'm glad someone mentioned that there won't be traditional Easter candy on board, so I'll be able to throw some jelly beans and such in there without feeling too crazy. Thanks again!

You could be a little non-traditional, and instead of using an Easter basket or gift bag, get a beach bag that she can use to carry her beach towel and other related items in, especially if one or more of your stops includes a beach day.

AT 12, I would have still wanted some candy....hell, I still want candy! Lol! She's on a cruise..and she knows the Easter Bunny can only swim so far....do what you want. I'm betting she won't be expecting anything too special, as she'll be a bit overwhelmed by the cruise itself!

Would do a gift bag though I have seen some fabric baskets that could fold small enough. Think she will love it.

A few years ago, I decided not to bring anything for my kids and sure enough the other parents traveling with us DID bring candy and everything. Felt bad but the other kids shared.

Another time, a mom went to dinner ahead of time and had the gift bags waiting at the dinner table for her two kids.