Coco Cay beach bed

Hi all... we got a beach bed at Coco Cay. Where is the best place to reserve when we go to guest services to reserve our bed? (As long as they aren’t all taken)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have two experiences with this, and it has been different each time. Royal is consistently inconsistent. The first time we did it, you didn't pick your bed until you got there (first come first served) That time I think only 5 of 13 were reserved that day. On the 2nd time most were reserved and we did ours at the last minute. It was one row close to the ocean and another row about 30ft back. Choose if you want a short walk to the water (less than 3ft at high tide) or further back. Also, if you have the drink package maybe you will want to be closer to the bar.

• 4 months later...
Also, if you have the drink package maybe you will want to be closer to the bar.

Do you mean to say that if you get a drink package for the cruise ship, you get your drinks included on their private island as well?

I am not a fan of the beach bed. There is a tram that will take you to them due to the fact they are way at the end of the beaches. We had to pick our lunch the day before. The choices were taco or burger. I I would have much rather have a buffet so that we could choose lunch food to our liking. Also on the Anthem they assigned the bed to us. We did not think it was worth the money. But that is our opinion.

I am not a fan of the beach bed. There is a tram that will take you to them due to the fact they are way at the end of the beaches. We had to pick our lunch the day before. The choices were taco or burger. I I would have much rather have a buffet so that we could choose lunch food to our liking. Also on the Anthem they assigned the bed to us. We did not think it was worth the money. But that is our opinion.

Really depends on how much you spend and what you expect. We got ours for less than $150. I hate buffets and am not a fan of crowds. To me, this was bliss. But I understand your point of view.

I reserved a beach bed a day before Coco Cay day at Shore Excursions. I went there in the morning and was told that I got the last bed available. I was given a choice of 3 locations (next to each other). I picked the one closer to the bar. When we got to the beach, there were 2 beds still unused entire day (next to us). We were given 4 bottles of Evian (1l each) in the cooler and lunch. Waiters were at the beds all the time asking if we would like to order anything.