Obc

CaroleCL

Did you recently have a conversation with a Captains Club rep that might have added some OBC as a good will gesture for some trouble you may have had? Perhaps you may have made a purchase of an item that was on sale (such as dining, beverage package, excursion, WIFI) that was on sale and were incorrectly charged and then refunded the difference? Maybe someone purchased some OBC as a gift to be added to your account? Maybe a shore excursion you previously purchased was cancelled for some reason and the cost was refunded to you, but you weren't notified of the cancellation? I've had all of the above happen.

I suggest you check this with your TA or Celebrity.This happened to two bookings I made last year. I booked both directly with Celebrity, and later transferred the bookings to a TA. Neither booking had OBC from Celebrity, because I chose the beverage package for our perk. Both had OBC from the TA.

Some weeks later, I logged on and noticed available OBC. I learned that my TA had added my bookings to groups, and that Celebrity had allowed or required part of her OBC to be made available for Pre-cruise purchases. Ok so far, but on one booking, the amount made no sense because it was $200 greater than her OBC amount. I asked my TA to check our beverage packages because I was afraid our beverage packages had been swapped for the $300 OBC perk. That’s exactly what had happened. The TA got it sorted. In the end, I have the beverage packages I originally chose on each booking, as well as portions of the OBC from our TA available to use pre-cruise. In this instance, I’m very glad I looked a gift horse in the mouth;).