Booking spa service onboard

Banana15

I was hoping to book a massage for my husband and I for one of our at sea days. However, in comparison to the prices at home, the massages, and really all the spa services, are extremely overpriced. Has anyone had any success with booking them cheaper on board? I have seen some of the daily newsletters that show a discount is available, but it doesn’t say how much. Has anyone received a remotely decent price on spa services by waiting to book when onboard?

Not sure it holds true for Celebrity but most cruise lines have a special on port days.

Hopefully a seasoned Celebrity cruiser will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The website does show that on port days it’s a bit cheaper. Unfortunately, we have excursions on all of the port days. I don’t really like to stay on the ship since I like to go and see the places we are visiting. I am hoping to land a miracle of it being on an at sea day.

They're not likely to have specials on Sea Days, and the Sea Days services tend to get booked prior to the sailing.

If you are sailing mid-May, please wait a week or so from today to book, so that I can arrange my wife's treatment:D

I haven't seen massage specials offered on anything other than port days, and those are only when the ship is actually in port. As for a miracle of the spa services being offered at anything approaching prices you get at home, forget it! They have a captive audience with no other choice but not to book at all and they know it. Just a little tip if you do get offered a deal onboard, make sure you get in writing what service you've booked, how long it should last and who offered it to you. I've seen many cases where folks thoughts they booked a longer massage get to the spa to be told they had a shorter one scheduled and then they try to upsell you. Also, if you want a peaceful massage without the operator trying to sell you something, make it clear before you start that you do not want a sales pitch. Lastly, be sure to determine whether the tip is included. It should be with no further gratuity necessary unless you wish to do so.

Edited by Luvcrusn
spelling

18 % is added to spa services, not included in list prices

Mostly there are only port specials..maybe a few combo offers if spa business is slow.

If you can get back early on a port day like 4 pm and ship does not leave til 5 or 6..u can do port pricing...as mentioned get it in writing and initialed! Very squirrely these days!

Are you flying into port the day before the cruise debarks? If so, consider a land based spa to kick off vacation before the cruise. That’s what my wife and I often do; Celebrity’s spa services are outrageously priced. My upscale Chicago spa I frequent is MUCH cheaper and better quality service and amenities. Don’t understand why some pay those crazy prices charged on board; guess enough do that they are profitable.

Are you flying into port the day before the cruise debarks? If so, consider a land based spa to kick off vacation before the cruise. That’s what my wife and I often do; Celebrity’s spa services are outrageously priced. My upscale Chicago spa I frequent is MUCH cheaper and better quality service and amenities. Don’t understand why some pay those crazy prices charged on board; guess enough do that they are profitable.

Yes, we are flying in the day before. Unfortunately, we won't be in Ft. Lauderdale until about 4pm and then have to pick up our car service to take us to Miami. I imagine most places close around 6 or 7, so I don't know if we would ever make it. I suppose I could check it out though. I'm sure I can ask in the Miami forum and see if anyone has a suggestion. -- I usually am willing to spend a little more, but based on the comments I've read, and even the ones above, it does not sound like a relaxing experience AT ALL.