First Night Done Right - Oasis of the Seas

Could someone enlighten me on how this works? You select this option for a specialty restaurant on the first night of the cruise - do you get to select the restaurant you want or does Royal Caribbean select or give you an option? What if you're not happy with what they select? Thanks for any info.

Karen

We used it this week on Oasis.

You select the time, Royal selects the restaurant. We were assigned Giovannis. The only two options were Giovannis or Sabor.

If you wanted to change to any other restaurant they would refund you the cost of the FNDR package that you purchased and give you 50% off at the other restaurant.

I haven't done this on Oasis yet, but I've booked this package a few times on other ships.

I always seem to be assigned Giovannis, but once onboard I just call and book the restaurant I want - I've never had any issues doing this.

We used it this week on Oasis.

You select the time, Royal selects the restaurant. We were assigned Giovannis. The only two options were Giovannis or Sabor.

If you wanted to change to any other restaurant they would refund you the cost of the FNDR package that you purchased and give you 50% off at the other restaurant.

We did FNDR on our February 18 Oasis cruise. As soon as we boarded, we went to 150 Central Park (the restaurant we really wanted) and were told that our choices were Giovanni's and 150CP. You can guess what venue we chose. 150CP was excellent and there was no upcharge. Even if we had to do 150CP at 50% off, we would have paid the few bucks extra and done it.

We did FNDR on our February 18 Oasis cruise. As soon as we boarded, we went to 150 Central Park (the restaurant we really wanted) and were told that our choices were Giovanni's and 150CP. You can guess what venue we chose. 150CP was excellent and there was no upcharge. Even if we had to do 150CP at 50% off, we would have paid the few bucks extra and done it.

I guess things have changed since then.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

So does anybody exactly know which restaurants are currently included on the First Night Done Right on the Oasis?

As I posted in the first post. I am currently on Oasis and this week we were only allowed Giovanni's or Sabor. If you wanted any of the other restaurants they would refund you the FNDR and give you a 50% discount.

As I posted in the first post. I am currently on Oasis and this week we were only allowed Giovanni's or Sabor. If you wanted any of the other restaurants they would refund you the FNDR and give you a 50% discount.

This is exactly how it worked on the Allure this week.

This was not how it was described when we purchased it. We opted for the refund and went to CP150 as a BOGO.

We also did FNDR on the Oasis Feb 18th cruise. (a group of 6 in 4 different cabins) As soon as we boarded I went to Chops (the one we hoped to get) and was told that Chops was no longer on the FNDR list. (It was on the list when we signed up for FDNR several months earlier and the rate was $15)

FNDR was now $20 and only Sabor and Giovanni's were included. We could change to Chops for 50% off and they would refund the original $15 we paid for FNDR. We took that deal. Surprisingly, the computer had some major issues with the refund/rebill process. I had given them all 6 sea passes to scan and they fussed with it for quite some time. I think the system was overloaded during embarkation. It ended up refunding everyone's $15 plus an extra $15 on my seapass. On top of that it never billed any of us for the Chops dinner. ;-)

• 1 month later...
Thanks for this information. Would they give you Hibachi at 50%? I was told this wasn't a first night done right choice but didn't see it listed in exclusions.

Hibachi is NOT included in the FNDR, BOGO or 3,4, or 5 night dining plan. I don't believe it is included in the Ultimate dining package either. It is in the fine print for Hibachi. Very fine print, that is.

how do we do FNDR? upon arriving? sorry we are new to this , no clue :)

You book it online in your cruise planner prior to arriving (you just pick your preferred time from what's available). Then when you get on the ship, go to any restaurant and ask for your assignment. If you'd like to change your restaurant and or time, they'll be happy to do so as long as there is availability.

Hibachi is NOT included in the FNDR, BOGO or 3,4, or 5 night dining plan. I don't believe it is included in the Ultimate dining package either. It is in the fine print for Hibachi. Very fine print, that is.

Depends on how busy they are and the ship. We were able to get a Hibachi included on our 4 night package on Oasis this past March.

Our group is looking at doing this on our Oasis cruise next January. We are thinking of booking this and then once we get on board, have them switch it to 150 Central Park. From reading this, we will get refunded our $20 and then get 1/2 off at 150 Central Park. What is the current price for 150 Central Park? I'm trying to convince the rest of my group to do this. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

150 CP was 50% off in October 2017 on Oasis. Gotta love the consistency lol.

Our group is looking at doing this on our Oasis cruise next January. We are thinking of booking this and then once we get on board, have them switch it to 150 Central Park. From reading this, we will get refunded our $20 and then get 1/2 off at 150 Central Park. What is the current price for 150 Central Park? I'm trying to convince the rest of my group to do this. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Look in your cruise planner and you can see the price of the restaurants.

• 3 weeks later...
We have this booked for next week. How do you handle gratuity. I don't think its included so I guess we just base it off the regular price?

Thanks for any help anyone has.

Any dining package booked through the cruise planner includes the gratuity. You are free to add an additional gratuity once you are finished dining.

Any dining package booked through the cruise planner includes the gratuity. You are free to add an additional gratuity once you are finished dining.

Really? I thought I remembered something like that and I was looking for some wording like that in the Cruise Planner but I didn't see anything, that's why I was asking.