NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT on RCCL

Was booking a B/B for Febr.2019 on the ALLURE today, when I found out just before making payment, after questioning the agent, that the $500x2 deposit is non refundable.....:evilsmile::evilsmile::mad:(n)(n)(n)

This is old news. You can book refundable in case you are not really sure if you are going or not. Then possibly change to non refundable before final payment time.

In the event you did cancel, you would loose $100pp for each cruise and the rest be a credit toward another cruise within one yr

When this first came out I was leaning toward it freeing up suites for booking but I'm not seeing it. We just booked Adventure almost a year out and there were no Grand Suites available.

When this first came out I was leaning toward it freeing up suites for booking but I'm not seeing it. We just booked Adventure almost a year out and there were no Grand Suites available.

If someone can afford a Grand Suite, I doubt they care about losing $100

We've upgraded to GS's on the Adventure 3 times now with this new policy.

And upgraded our upcoming Allure cruise, too.

Hoping that some open up on the Freedom.

But you will see them closer to final payment. Unless all of the GS's are tied up with NR reservations....

There were no GS available on my April Adventure cruise for a long time. Then a few weeks before final payment was due, a bunch became available (maybe 13?) And after final, the prices came down. Two in a GS for a 7 night S Caribbean was $3350 after final.

I noticed a while back the refundable/non-refundable fares. Book the refundable first, which is a slightly higher fare and then change later if you so wish. I did that with the Allure for October. I originally had an inside with the refundable far, later saw the boardwalk balcony was cheaper if I did the non-refundable option. I then switched cabins and changed out deposit type. I have seen a lot of the lines now going to non-refundable deposits a lot. I wonder if they just get too many people who may want to go and then cancel too close to final payment date?

I think you will still see suites open up at final payment date since the non refundable rates are still fairly new and lots of people have them booked before the non refundable rates started. That probably will not be the case as time goes on and everyone that has suites booked has them booked at the non refundable rate

We booked a JS on Allure that sailed 2/25 with the intent of upgrading to a GS. It never happened. The entire suite class was sold out before final. Maybe it's just our timing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk