No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

With all the false information, innuendo and the like in this thread, along with repeated posts from JH on that other site that include quotes from senior management that this is false....can I kindly ask that this thread be closed.

I don't believe everything I read on JH's page. Why is his social media different than any other company spokesperson? Let the discussion continue.

this issue..(platinum, ) diamond not sure, but whether or not one or the other can now go to the room on boarding (before 1.30pm), regardless of the fttf recent price changes, reminds me of another issue not too long ago, that being whether the aft pool on certain ships would remain adult only or not.

In that case (aft pool), it went back and forth for a while, yes it is, no it is not..etc, until it was finally a poor decision by Carnival, that was reversed. ( probably due to a huge outcry here and elsewhere).

it goes back to my point about Carnival being very inconsistent in their practices, and in their changes to services. They seem to go back and forth, waffle and so forth. ( brand ambassador statements aside), in the end, some changes do happen, others do not, but my biggest annoyance with Carnival is their "Inconsistencies", Either make a change or do not!

Make a blanket statement that such will happen or not, and then don't back track a few weeks later.

and for anyone who thinks I am bashing, well take is as you like. I still like Carnival, I am not even Platinum and probably never will be...just saying that I still hate hate hate...inconsistency.!

Carnival make a change or do not....just stop tossing around ideas like you do and get everyone on these types of sites worked up, and arguing among each other. do it or do not...just that.

This thread was started based on a rumor, which has since been dispelled, that this perk was being eliminated.

Now, you're turning it into a "this is my experience" thread, which is somehow trying to substantiate the original, false claim.

In essence, you are posting things to support a lie. If you wish to continue discussing that, perhaps a thread related to your experiences is in order. And why not, when there are hundreds of Cheers!, FTTF and MDR attire threads.

But, to keep a thread open that was based on a false rumor, is a disservice to this community.

You all are better than this.

It may have started as a rumor, but as time goes on, more information is coming to light that's giving that rumor some credibility. There's certainly more questions than answers at this point, but it hasn't been resolved to everybody's satisfaction by any stretch. Carnival needs to get in front of this if they want it to go away. Clearly their social media team and their BA are not getting it done for them because not everybody is buying what they're selling. It's telling that their message is being received with a big dose of skepticism by many of their faithful customers. Their website content probably hasn't this scrutinized since their legal team reviewed the final draft. LOL.

I followed the ORIGINAL FB thread. You are wrong calling it a rumor. I am not going to recap how this all went down again. Rereading this thread and/or locating the original FB posts/pics recaps the facts of what happened. Again this all started because of actual P/D experiences, then subsequent Carnival confirmations, then JH trying to clear what Carnival employees said...not rumors. And actual REOCCURRING P/D experiences is the reason why this thread continues. The real question is: Why are you so intent on pushing a false “rumor” narrative? Because JH mistakenly called it a rumor???

No, I'm not. It WAS a rumor that has been dispelled. I'm going by the screenshot (post #425) from the social media site you love to cite for your examples.

Here's a thought....let a D/P cruiser in this thread tell us if they had early access to their cabin on their next cruise.

Maybe this website would be better named....Cruise Conspiracy.

It may have started as a rumor, but as time goes on, more information is coming to light that's giving that rumor some credibility. There's certainly more questions than answers at this point, but it hasn't been resolved to everybody's satisfaction by any stretch. Carnival needs to get in front of this if they want it to go away. Clearly their social media team and their BA are not getting it done for them because not everybody is buying what they're selling. It's telling that their message is being received with a big dose of skepticism by many of their faithful customers. Their website content probably hasn't this scrutinized since their legal team reviewed the final draft. LOL.

So, if someone's room wasn't ready....that means the perk went away? I mean how many factors go into this?

How can the steward clean if your stuff is in the way? How does the steward know what is your stuff vs what might have been left behind?

I will tell him it's not my stuff if it's left behind., although I can't believe that happens much. I put my luggage in the closet out of the way, guess you could also put it under the bed. :D

So what, could be a website snafu. This doesn't mean anything. The OP stated the perk had been taken away are reported on another website. This has been put to rest by Carnival.

Therefore, my opinion only, this thread is done. And most forums I know that have threads that are based on false information, have the thread closed.

You know what....oh never mind. Get the moderators job and then you can close down the threads you want. Good Grief!

No, I'm not. It WAS a rumor that has been dispelled. I'm going by the screenshot (post #425) from the social media site you love to cite for your examples.

Here's a thought....let a D/P cruiser in this thread tell us if they had early access to their cabin on their next cruise.

Wow. It is evident that you are joining a discussion partway through or are towing someone else’s line...because A) You are not telling the truth and B) You have missed or have chosen to ignore/discount the recent experiences P/Ds have ALREADY & CONTINUE to share.

That's what we ARE saying. Please read the entire thread before jumping in and demanding the thread be closed.

There's no conspiracy. We are just trying to gather facts. It's that simple. Some things that have happened aren't making sense and we just want to get to the bottom of it. Relying totally on JH is just not enough. Not with cruisers coming back and relaying their difficulty with being able to access their rooms prior to 1:30pm.

Please understand that you can unsubscribe from this thread and then you won't have to upset about something that doesn't even affect you.

Go have a nice cold adult beverage and......breath.;)

Please understand that you can unsubscribe from this thread and then you won't have to upset about something that doesn't even affect you.

Go have a nice cold adult beverage and......breath.;)

Not subscribed, certainly not upset and already had my beverage, but thanks anyway for the unsolicited advice.

No. Cruise Rumors.

Instead of the deflection and ad hominem, argue their point.

Calling something a conspiracy theory is an ad hominem attack. That's rich.

Until this is established as a perk removal by Carnival, then everything mentioned is speculation.

Believe what you want.

Calling something a conspiracy theory is an ad hominem attack. That's rich.

Until this is established as a perk removal by Carnival, then everything mentioned is speculation.

Believe what you want.

At this point, it's too early to know who and what to believe, but that also includes you. :cool::D;p:')

At this point, it's too early to know who and what to believe, but that also includes you. :cool::D;p:')

I believe what Carnival has stated until they state otherwise.

Your comment only proves my earlier comment about conspiracy theories.

I tend to agree with those commenting on that other site about this thread.

Again, this thread is a disservice to the CC community.

I believe what Carnival has stated until they state otherwise.

So, you have chosen to disregard the recent personal experiences of P/Ds regarding this issue.

I tend to agree with those commenting on that other site about this thread.

Your bias is/was definitely showing in your posts, so no real surprise.

Those folks you support on that other site CC bash at every possible opportunity. I don’t see the reverse happening here. Your blind cult like support of a business/its reps and quickness to censor others (i,e ur request that the thread be closed) on an open forum is a disservice to any online community.

What's really a disservice to this community are those who can't seem to pass a thread over even though they have no real interest in the topic. Those who insist a thread be shut down, yet continually post in it berating the ones they disagree with. Those who try to get a thread shut down instead of simply skipping it. Those who run to JH to tattle the instant anyone here says something that doesn't toe the Carnival line. Those who continually, regularly start arguments and confrontations just for sport (yay internet courage). Anyone who thinks this topic is nothing more than false rumors and conspiracy theories aren't being forced to read it or post in it. This thread is the least of CC's worries.

All opinions matter. This thread is nothing more than gossip about false rumors and conspiracy theories. And criticizing others No one is forced to read or post to it. That about sums it up.

Hmm. You do know that Carnival has a history of doing exactly what you say is false. Time will tell for sure

What's really a disservice to this community are those who can't seem to pass a thread over even though they have no real interest in the topic.

Oh, I get it now. I should only read or comment in threads where I agree with you or whatever groupthink seems to be popular in the thread at any given time.

Those who insist a thread be shut down, [i.e. me] yet continually post in it berating the ones they disagree with.
Calling this a conspiracy theory is berating? Continually posting? I didn't even join in until yesterday. There were well over 400+ posts before I posted.

Those who try to get a thread shut down instead of simply skipping it.
Most internet forums that I've seen over the years tend to take a nasty dislike to posts that are based on false rumors and do little more than stir up the community. Why CC is different in this regard, I don't know. But, yes, I stand by my belief that this thread should be closed as the rumor has been dispelled multiple times.

Those who run to JH to tattle the instant anyone here says something that doesn't toe the Carnival line.
Now this is something I would not do, although I have read the numerous posts about this thread on his page.

Those who continually, regularly start arguments and confrontations just for sport (yay internet courage). Anyone who thinks this topic is nothing more than false rumors and conspiracy theories aren't being forced to read it or post in it. This thread is the least of CC's worries.
Nobody forced me to read it. In fact, I had skipped it many times, but was reading JH's page on that other site and this topic kept coming up, so I decided to see what all the hubbub was about. And, I guess if you were a moderator, you could make that call about what threads to worry about. Edited by Keys2Heaven