Adventure Ocean - 1st time cruiser questions

Hello all! We will be sailing on Symphony of the Seas in May 2019 with our 9, 8, and 3 yr old (at that time). How are the kids able to contact us when in Adventure Ocean? If we want to leave our 3 yr old in Adventure Ocean for a few hours on a Port day, is that okay? How will they contact us? Thank you!

They will give you a phone for the 3 year old group. The 9 year old is able to sign themselves in and out (with your permission)....otherwise, you'll just have to check occasionally, to see if they're ready to leave the club. Be prepared for them to LOVE it!

The kids do not really have a way to contact you. If you are concerned about them you can always check in with AO or by phone. In an emergency I am sure there are protocols in place to reach you, e.g. By announcement or cell phone if you plan to carry your phone etc.

As far as leaving a child in AO on a port day, yes, you can do this. Be prepared for comments on CC - some people feel strongly that parents should not do this.

It's really up to your comfort level. Be aware that you are in a foreign country. If you do not get back to the ship on time they will sail without you.

If you do plan to leave the children on the ship while you are in port, I strongly suggest that you do not give the 9 year old sign out privileges to wander the ship when you aren’t there. The phone they give for the younger group does not work off the ship.

As others said don't allow oldest to sign self out. 3 year old needs to be potty trained. Not sure they can get a hold of you while in some ports, nothing will probably happen but possible. I was on ship in December that had our passengers in that Bus accident. Back 15+ yrs ago Royal gave me pager for on ship only though. When my kids were that age, 2/5/8 In-Laws were with us, always had one of us on the ship. I had 2 kids assigned to cabin with me/wife and other kid was assigned In Law's room. This even though all 3 kids slept with me/wife. Was nice having extra adults with 3 or more kids...

We will not be allowing our 9 year old to sign herself out. We were thinking of doing a 2-3 hour excursion with just our older two children and leaving the 3 year old in AO, but if there's not a good way for them to contact us then we'll forget that and just spend time with them on this ship while our youngest is in AO. Thank you for all of the feedback! Does anyone have anything they use aboard the ship to keep in contact with their kids?

I’ve cruised several times with my kids, now aged 7 and 11. They went on their first cruise when they were 3 and 7. They love the AO. On our last cruise on Oasis in Jan 17, I let our then 10 year old daughter sign herself out. They DO NOT allow that on port days. We left both kids in AO last cruise because they can’t SCUBA dive. It’s totally up to you but the staff is very, very competent. I felt comfortable leaving my kids with them. You would know in the first day or so if your kids and yourselves are comfortable. Have fun! Your kids will have a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums