Detailed Photo Review of Celebrity Eclipse 14 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise 3/4/18

deladane

Dawna, great photos and fantastic narratives! One question- how did you manage to find most the spaces empty? I would have expected people everywhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On one of the sea days, I woke up super early at like 7am and couldn't fall back asleep. Instead of tossing and turning in bed, I decided to wake up and go take some photos of the ship before anyone else was awake. That's why the public spaces are mostly vacant :) There were a few people walking around but I just tried to avoid them in the photos. By 10am, it was clear we were on a ship with 3000 other guests haha

26165169207_5df72b94a6_c.jpg

Day 5: Monday, March 5 ~ Sea Day #1

Today’s daily schedule:

41055875332_e83a005532_c.jpg

40327401124_dced0bfbbf_c.jpg

40994057532_6bb5bd1fdc_c.jpg

26165166427_43fa2fea21_c.jpg

After going to sleep at 10:30pm last night, it was no surprise that we woke up bright and early at 8am today. Stepping out onto the balcony, we were confronted with cloudy skies and strong gusts of wind.

40994056762_0ed29cee0b_c.jpg

27164888168_33b17c534b_c.jpg

By the way, when we switched to this cabin, I wasn’t sure how I would feel about the diagonal support beams on the side of the balcony and the extra overhang from 2 decks above. Honestly, I am not a fan of the diagonal support beams… they make it hard to take a good photo looking forward of aft from the balcony (and we all know I measure happiness in a location based on if I can take a good photo there haha). Obviously these beams must be needed to support the upper decks, but I just wish they didn’t impact the view from our balcony. On the bright side, I really liked having the extra overhang 2 decks above us. I may not have liked it as much if I were up one deck on deck 11 where the extended roof was immediately above me, but being on deck 10 meant I had a little extra shade without much impact on my view. In fact, if I looked straight out to the horizon, I didn’t notice the overhang at all.

40994056402_14da2af79c_c.jpg

If you look really closely at the horizon, you can see land…that’s Cuba. We could see Cuba in the distance pretty much the entire day. We hardly watched TV in our cabin during the cruise, but we frequently checked channels 5 and 6 for the navigation map and the bridge view. It was always fun to check in on where we were in the Caribbean!

27164886558_fb8f422f05_c.jpg

40994055872_55de20369b_c.jpg

Our first stop of the day was downstairs to Café al Bacio so DH could get some good coffee. While he placed his order, I salivated over the offerings in the pastry case. These are all complimentary, even if you don’t order a drink here, but I wanted to save my appetite for breakfast. At some point later in the morning, they remove these pastries and replace them with fancy cakes (also complimentary).

27164886208_b6ca929f54_c.jpg

Another nice feature of Café al Bacio is that they serve the drinks in to go cups, so DH took his coffee to go and we went upstairs to get breakfast at the buffet. As expected, it was very crowded with people walking in every direction, not yet knowing their way around the buffet. I took a random assortment of carbs, knowing that I tend to eat eggs every port day morning and using today as a chance to try the other options. I love that they offer smoked salmon and try to take advantage of that frequently, and I really liked the baked apple, but the French toast and the waffle were just okay.

27164885718_84b229ae24_c.jpg

Dana. Not only am I very impressed with your photos but your comments are obviously time consuming and also very informative. I don’t know how you have the time. Great job. We have to wait till the 15th to do our TA on the Eclipse. :D Your review has me pumped up.

I agree!!! :)

knowing that I tend to eat eggs every port day morning and using today as a chance to try the other options. I love that they offer smoked salmon and try to take advantage of that frequently, and I really liked the baked apple, but the French toast and the waffle were just okay.

27164885718_84b229ae24_c.jpg

I also take advantage of the smoked salmon and try to have it everyday instead of bacon.

I love baked apples but have never seen them on the ship. Which location did you find them in?

I wish that I could walk into the buffet one morning and it be completely empty so that I can walk around and take everything in.

At lunch, I am pretty much a salad girl. However, the salad bar on our Solstice cruise in February was not good. Not many veggies, no nuts, cottage cheese, and the hard cheeses had the be sliced off (very hard to do one handed!) instead of having cubes or shredded cheese already to top your salad.

Love the pictures you got of the interior of the ship...Celebrity Eclipse is a beautiful ship and she looks like a larger ship. We sailed out of Miami with one of her sisters a few years ago (Reflection), which appeared to be a much larger ship. In size, is this a larger ship than Carnival's Conquest Class (Conquest, Valor, Glory, Liberty, Freedom)? I knew you were on Valor. The Carnival Conquest class is the largest we've been on. Would love to try a larger ship, but we're hesitant since we're both not fans of large crowds. But the ship is beautiful!

Your pictures...the Olympus Tough TG5 w/fisheye lens? If so, I'm really excited now. Your pictures are great! Crisp, clear, & the perfect amount of light. But I know it's not just the camera, it's the person behind the camera but the actual camera does help. :) I saw the other comment about the ship looking empty and was going to ask the same thing. I actually tried that on our last cruise (Liberty) in 2015. I got up at 5:30AM on the morning of St. Lucia for pictures of the Pitons as we sailed past, but let DH sleep and walked the ship for pictures. It was empty but the only issue I had was a lot of the venues had the doors closed and locked. Maybe that's just Carnival though. Lol!!! But really enjoying your review and seeing a different ship. Several people have recommended Celebrity for their itineraries out of San Juan. I love Carnival's, but it's the same old, same old. Would love to see some different ports.

I’m really enjoying your review and great pictures!!just curious did you take any pictures of your cabin? What cabin did you have that you had the obstructed view with the supports??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in cabin 1068, midway between the two sets of elevators on deck 10. I posted some photos of the cabin in post 101, the first post on this page:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2614410&page=6

I agree!!! :)

I also take advantage of the smoked salmon and try to have it everyday instead of bacon.

I love baked apples but have never seen them on the ship. Which location did you find them in?

I wish that I could walk into the buffet one morning and it be completely empty so that I can walk around and take everything in.

At lunch, I am pretty much a salad girl. However, the salad bar on our Solstice cruise in February was not good. Not many veggies, no nuts, cottage cheese, and the hard cheeses had the be sliced off (very hard to do one handed!) instead of having cubes or shredded cheese already to top your salad.

I saw the baked apples in one of the stations in the middle of the buffet, I think at the one on the starboard side closer to the aft end of the room. At least, that's where I think I found it lol They also have it on the main dining room if you go there for breakfast :)

I am ashamed to say that I never once made use of the salad bar at the buffet haha I usually just walked around and took a little bit of completely random things that don't go together but they all looked good and I wanted to try a little of everything ;) either that, or the made to order pasta or stir fry stations!

Love the pictures you got of the interior of the ship...Celebrity Eclipse is a beautiful ship and she looks like a larger ship. We sailed out of Miami with one of her sisters a few years ago (Reflection), which appeared to be a much larger ship. In size, is this a larger ship than Carnival's Conquest Class (Conquest, Valor, Glory, Liberty, Freedom)? I knew you were on Valor. The Carnival Conquest class is the largest we've been on. Would love to try a larger ship, but we're hesitant since we're both not fans of large crowds. But the ship is beautiful!

Your pictures...the Olympus Tough TG5 w/fisheye lens? If so, I'm really excited now. Your pictures are great! Crisp, clear, & the perfect amount of light. But I know it's not just the camera, it's the person behind the camera but the actual camera does help. :) I saw the other comment about the ship looking empty and was going to ask the same thing. I actually tried that on our last cruise (Liberty) in 2015. I got up at 5:30AM on the morning of St. Lucia for pictures of the Pitons as we sailed past, but let DH sleep and walked the ship for pictures. It was empty but the only issue I had was a lot of the venues had the doors closed and locked. Maybe that's just Carnival though. Lol!!! But really enjoying your review and seeing a different ship. Several people have recommended Celebrity for their itineraries out of San Juan. I love Carnival's, but it's the same old, same old. Would love to see some different ports.

In my memory, the Valor was a little smaller than the Eclipse, but I just cheated and looked up both ships on Wikipedia. They hold approximately the same number of passengers, but the Eclipse is 4 decks taller and a bit longer too so that gives more space to move around as compared to the Valor. It also helps that we had very few children on our cruise, so most cabins had just double occupancy. On the Valor, there were definitely more children, and assuming they shared the cabin with their parents, then there would have been more people on the ship. Coming from my last cruise on a 330 passenger ship and going to a 3000 passenger ship, I can definitely say this ship requires a lot of walking to get from point A to point B... but that's okay! More calories burned to indulge in dessert haha

And yes, I was using my TG-5 with the fisheye lens on some of the photos, others without it. Sometimes it's obvious when I used the fisheye because of the curved effect... it gets a little annoying to keep taking the lens on and off and changing the setting in and out of fisheye mode, so sometimes I just left it on for photos that didn't really need it. Yup, I'm lazy ;)

Definitely look into Celebrity's itineraries! My first Celebrity cruise was out of San Juan and had what I fondly call the "off the beaten path itinerary" because it went to only non-touristy islands. We went to St. Croix, St. Kitts (the only duplicate from Carnival), Dominica, Grenada, and Tobago. It is very different from Carnival's itinerary!

After breakfast, we strolled around the ship until it was time for the Cruise Critic meet and greet in the Sky Lounge at 9:45am. Originally when we first looked through the papers in our cabin yesterday, we had an invitation for the meet and greet at 10:15am in Cellar Masters, but when we got back to the cabin later last night, we had a revised invitation and a message on the phone that the event was moved up to the Sky Lounge to accommodate more people attending. I wonder if a lot of people had trouble registering on the Celebrity website and went to guest services after boarding so they needed to change the venue? The event was very well attended with over 100 passengers, and 5 or 6 ship officers including Captain Leo, Hotel Director Jamie, and the Cruise Director Eddy. Jamie made a point of saying that he reads Cruise Critic to learn what we do and don’t like. He mentioned that he has seen people complain that Celebrity no longer offers 14 day cruises, and he reassured us that once the 5 new ships finish construction and enter the fleet, more itineraries will be available. He encouraged us to let him know early if something bothers us so he can do something to fix it, and not to wait until we get home to make complaints when it’s too late for him to do anything about it. Fair enough! The officers spoke for a few minutes and then left us to mingle amongst ourselves. On our 2016 cruise, the Cruise Director did a question and answer session so we could ask him anything we had wanted to know, but they did not give us that opportunity today (at least not in an open forum… I am sure if someone had a question and asked them individually, they would have been happy to answer it.)

We stayed at the meet and greet for about 30 minutes, then left to find some lounge chairs in the shade on deck 12 by the pool. Surprisingly, we quickly found 2 seats together despite a healthy amount of chair hogs. The 5 chairs opposite us remained vacant and reserved for over an hour.

27164881778_678033d24e_c.jpg

I love that the pool bar staff makes frequent rounds with a drink cart stocked with water, soda, and beer, and others are walking around to take specific drink orders. It really helps to keep me in full lazy mode hehe

Cruise Director Eddy hosted a music trivia game at the pool so we decided to play since we didn’t have to move and we could participate right from our lounge chairs. The theme was Heaven and Angels, so every song had one of those 2 words in the title, and we had to guess the artist and title name for each of 15 songs, for 1 point each. We did fairly well with a score of 16 and we were one of the top 10 scores, but I think the winner scored 20 points. When you win any of the games or activities on board, you get a coupon which can be redeemed for a prize on the last day of the cruise, so it’s fun to have a little extra incentive to participate above just the glory of winning.

Eventually we got hungry for lunch, so we left our lounge chairs to grab a quick lunch. I ran down to the MDR to check out the lunch menu, but decided against staying because I didn’t think I would finish eating fast enough to return to my lounge chair within 30 minutes.

27164885138_6e389b506a_c.jpg

Instead, I went back up to the Oceanview Café for the American BBQ themed lunch buffet. I picked out a few things to try, including some delicious pineapple BBQ pork ribs, then went over to the Mast Grill for a cheeseburger and fries. There is just something about eating a cheeseburger by the pool that screams “vacation” to me!

27164881278_36364dbd7c_c.jpg

27164880948_a147aaa9f9_c.jpg

We stayed at the pool area until 3pm when the Martini Bar opened, and then we went down there so DH could upgrade to the premium beverage package. Although any bartender on the ship can process this for you, I have read that whoever does your upgrade gets to keep the tips so we wanted to do it at a bar we knew we would spend a lot of time at. When we got there, there was only 1 guy working so only DH did his upgrade and we decided to wait until another bartender was there for me to upgrade so we could spread out the tips. It wasn’t like we were going to get a drink right then anyway, so I didn’t mind waiting a little longer to upgrade.

Next, we went upstairs to check out the afternoon hot glass show. We immediately recognized Tom as one of the gaffers from our 2016 cruise, so it was nice to see a familiar face. Unfortunately, it was very windy today so the gaffers were having some trouble working with the glass and they even dropped and broke a piece that was nearly finished! At least it was interesting to see that things don’t always turn out perfectly and to observe how they clean broken glass out of the oven before it melts. We watched as they created 2 more pieces, including a cup with a pineapple texture on the outside, and a double-walled bowl that was created by both blowing and sucking the glass (I didn’t realize that was even possible haha)

27164874218_381b729303_c.jpg

27164873348_4f891a70f7_c.jpg

Celebrity Eclipse is a beautiful ship and she looks like a larger ship. We sailed out of Miami with one of her sisters a few years ago (Reflection), which appeared to be a much larger ship.

While the Reflection is a sister ship to the other S Class ships, I have found that the Reflection "feels" busier than the Eclipse, Equinox or Silhouette.

27164872558_c06d1dd0cc_c.jpg

After 45 minutes, we were too cold from the wind so we left to get ready for the evening. When we got back to the cabin, we found some special treats waiting for us. Albertina delivered a cheese platter and a fruit platter. We realized that this would be too much food for us to finish without spoiling our dinner appetite, and since the cheese platter has some fruit on it too, we ended up asking Albertina to skip the separate fruit platter from now on. The one thing that we didn’t love was the saltines… does anyone actually like saltines?! We did see that there were better crackers at the buffet so we asked Albertina if we could have something besides saltines, but apparently this request was too complicated because it took until mid-way through the cruise before we accomplished this mission. For the meantime, we enjoyed our cheese with saltines.

27164877958_a48ddda94b_c.jpg

39227176680_cbc5aed1cf_c.jpg

It was still very windy outside, but at least the clouds had cleared! What a beautiful view!!

27164882948_a483c1d7df_c.jpg

27164882368_cb52394c9a_c.jpg

Tonight was the first Chic Night and we always like to get dressed up nicely, even though it is no longer considered “formal night”. Instead of having the ship photographers take our photo for a fee, we asked a fellow passenger to take a photo on my camera for free. It can be hard to find a good spot for a nice photo because the ship photographers always hog the best places, but we found a good spot near the Martini Bar.

27164871808_f3312781e6_c.jpg

Now that we’ve properly documented our fancy outfits, we could really get the evening started. First up, we went to the Martini Bar where I ordered the Tropitini (another one of my favorites!), made with Grey Goose vodka, Bacardi Limon rum, blue curacao, and pineapple juice.

27164869778_0f157ffcee_c.jpg

We still had some time before dinner so we went over to the World Class Bar. I was surprised to find 5 other couples there when we arrived, since on our last cruise there was never anyone there. I ordered my favorite cocktail from their menu- the Ciroc Tropically Yours. It is like a gourmet pina colada. Yum!

39227170940_1a80ab044b_c.jpg

Just like in 2016, we opted for select dining for our dinners on this cruise. I find the early seating to be too early on port days if we both need to shower and get changed after coming back on the ship (especially if we want to watch the sail away first!), and the late seating is just way too late for me (I would fall asleep at the table before they even served my entrée lol). Before the cruise, I fought with the Celebrity website (possibly the worst part of cruising with this line!!) and used the vacation planner to book us 7pm dinner reservations for every night of the cruise. Select dining is great as an alternative to the fixed seating times, but if you don’t make reservations in advance, they often need to give you a pager and you must wait until there is a table available. My vacation time is too precious to wait with a pager, so I love that we can book reservations online before the cruise. We find that 7pm works well for us so we have time for a pre-dinner drink or two, and can finish our meal in time for the 9pm shows in the main theater each night.

When we arrived at the hostess desk at the Moonlight Sonata Main Dining Room, there was a short line before we got to the front. The 2 parties in front of us were both given pagers to wait for a table to open up, but we were seated immediately. I asked the hostess, Cervine, to seat us with a fun waiter because we hoped to like our team and request to eat in their section each night. We were seated at a table for 2 with Pinto as our head waiter and Jose as the assistant waiter.

39227170380_61881831d0_c.jpg

In the past, we have enjoyed sitting at large tables and getting to know other passengers while we dine. That is not necessary on Celebrity because even though we had a table for 2, we were just a few inches from the tables on either side and couldn’t help but chat with our neighbors. The added perk is that we find the larger tables lead to extremely long meals as you need to wait for them to fill the table, and then wait for everyone to finish each course before going to the next course (and inevitably someone orders more food or takes much longer to eat their food which holds up the rest of the table), and the whole process can take well over 2 hours from start to finish. By sitting at a table for 2, we could set the pace of our own meal but still chat with those around us, and whenever we are ready to leave, we can say good night and leave without feeling like we ditched the rest of our table before they were done.

Within seconds of sitting down, Jose brought us tonight’s dinner menu and explained the flavors of the 3 butters he left on the table to enjoy with our bread. I very rarely eat bread before a meal at a restaurant, but on Celebrity, I make an exception because the flavored butters are just so yummy!

27164868308_021af16842_c.jpg

I mentioned to Pinto that we planned to share a few of the appetizers and a few entrees, and he offered to bring out all of the dishes for each course at the same time. At the time, I liked that idea because it made it easier to share everything, but looking back, it also helped to speed the meal along because they didn’t serve each dish individually and we could eat as much of each dish as we wanted at our own pace. Like I said… my vacation time is precious!

Chicken Liver Parfait

27164867438_5f82f61bb7_c.jpg

Salmon Tartare

39227169780_5a2d24c797_c.jpg

Gorgeous dress!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I bought it for my brother's wedding a few years ago, so it was great to have another excuse to wear it!!

We were also on this cruise. Funny that you mentioned booking it in 2016 on the Equinox. We did the same (Equinox, 2016) and got fantastic perks. The only downside of this cruise was the two pretty rough days at sea at the beginning. It was a great cruise and it went by far too quickly!

In my memory, the Valor was a little smaller than the Eclipse, but I just cheated and looked up both ships on Wikipedia. They hold approximately the same number of passengers, but the Eclipse is 4 decks taller and a bit longer too so that gives more space to move around as compared to the Valor. It also helps that we had very few children on our cruise, so most cabins had just double occupancy. On the Valor, there were definitely more children, and assuming they shared the cabin with their parents, then there would have been more people on the ship. Coming from my last cruise on a 330 passenger ship and going to a 3000 passenger ship, I can definitely say this ship requires a lot of walking to get from point A to point B... but that's okay! More calories burned to indulge in dessert haha

And yes, I was using my TG-5 with the fisheye lens on some of the photos, others without it. Sometimes it's obvious when I used the fisheye because of the curved effect... it gets a little annoying to keep taking the lens on and off and changing the setting in and out of fisheye mode, so sometimes I just left it on for photos that didn't really need it. Yup, I'm lazy ;)

Definitely look into Celebrity's itineraries! My first Celebrity cruise was out of San Juan and had what I fondly call the "off the beaten path itinerary" because it went to only non-touristy islands. We went to St. Croix, St. Kitts (the only duplicate from Carnival), Dominica, Grenada, and Tobago. It is very different from Carnival's itinerary!

I just compared the deck plans with both and they are pretty close in size. Eclipse just seems so much bigger. There are definitely more children on Carnival, so that makes sense with a big difference in couples vs. whole families in cabins. We're mainly considering another line to get to some of the less visited islands, or as you say "the off the beaten path itinerary". I love the islands that Carnival goes to on their regular itinerary but we'd love to see some new ones too. There is a Carnival Journey cruise next February that has a very nice itinerary, which would be 4 new islands for us with most being "off the beaten pathg", and another would almost like new (Martinique) since we haven't been there since 1992. The only downside is that it's 12 days and it's in February, so we want to fly down (Miami) two days early. I just don't know if if I'd want be away from home that long again, so that's the reason we're looking into other lines that sail out of San Juan. I know some are only during winter months, but there are a couple that sail from there year round. We're also toying with another Mexican Riviera, since we haven't been there since 2000. Of course, I'd love to go to Tahiti one day too, either cruise or just a week vacation. I still can't get over how beautiful that was from your pictures.

I haven't had the chance to try my Fisheye lens yet and didn't know there was a "fisheye mode"...thanks for the heads up on that. :o:') Thanks!

While the Reflection is a sister ship to the other S Class ships, I have found that the Reflection "feels" busier than the Eclipse, Equinox or Silhouette.

Thanks for the information. When we sailed out behind Reflection in Miami in 2014, she looked pretty big. I mentioned "sister" but didn't realize they were actually the same class. Beautiful ship!

27164872558_c06d1dd0cc_c.jpg

Jeremy made a similar bowl on our February cruise. I LOVED it!!!

He, Tom and Jared are so talented and i just loved watching them create !

Thanks for sharing the picture and bringing back such a wonderful memory.

I'm very, very sad that Celebrity is ending the relationship with Corning and that I'll no longer be able to watch these artists.

Jeremy made a similar bowl on our February cruise. I LOVED it!!!

He, Tom and Jared are so talented and i just loved watching them create !

Thanks for sharing the picture and bringing back such a wonderful memory.

I'm very, very sad that Celebrity is ending the relationship with Corning and that I'll no longer be able to watch these artists.

Agreed! Those guys are super talented and it was mesmerizing to watch them work!! Tom talked a lot about his plans for after the ships because he did something like 17 contracts and has been on the ships since they started working with Corning. He is going to focus more on his own pieces and art shows now and he is very excited about the opportunity to move on in his career. I was just happy that I got to squeeze in one more cruise before they stopped having the Corning shows. It seems like there will still be a hot glass show with the new company, but not nearly as frequent as Corning did. I'm curious to see what people think of the new company and the opportunity to make your own glass pieces. Could be a fun activity to try out!

We were also on this cruise. Funny that you mentioned booking it in 2016 on the Equinox. We did the same (Equinox, 2016) and got fantastic perks. The only downside of this cruise was the two pretty rough days at sea at the beginning. It was a great cruise and it went by far too quickly!

Small world! I wish I thought to take a video of the pool in the solarium on the first sea day... did you see it? It was like a wave pool with the water splashing everywhere from the ship rocking so much! Glad you had a great cruise other than that though :cool:

Shrimp Scampi

39227169360_4a913565b0_c.jpg

Celebrity’s Signature Beef Tournedos

39227169020_1fde1f9edc_c.jpg

Roasted Colorado Rack of Lamb

27164865948_fd48375c17_c.jpg

Stuffed Portobello Mushroom (I kind of felt bad for any vegetarian who ordered this as their only entrée… it was quite small and we shared it as a side dish but I imagine if this was your only entrée that you would be quite hungry after dinner!)

39227168450_f0d475b01f_c.jpg

Dessert Menu

40142598675_2f17f490df_c.jpg

Warm Apple Crumble (minus the ‘a la mode’)

39227167670_e4e8a53176_c.jpg

Everything was delicious and we were done with our entire meal in an hour and 15 minutes… just how we like it! That meant we had time for a drink at the Gastro Bar before going to the show. The house band was performing in the Grand Foyer so we listened to them until it was time to get seats for the show in the theater. One thing I really love about cruising with Celebrity is that they have so many live musicians playing throughout the ship. There were many times when we had to pick between multiple options because there were just so many different musical acts on board… to clarify, this is a good problem to have! Haha Between the solo guitarist, the strings duo, the house band, the dance band, the acoustic duo, and of course the Eclipse orchestra performing many shows with the singers and dancers on board in the main theater, there is always something to suit everyone’s taste.

Agreed! Those guys are super talented and it was mesmerizing to watch them work!! Tom talked a lot about his plans for after the ships because he did something like 17 contracts and has been on the ships since they started working with Corning. He is going to focus more on his own pieces and art shows now and he is very excited about the opportunity to move on in his career. I was just happy that I got to squeeze in one more cruise before they stopped having the Corning shows. It seems like there will still be a hot glass show with the new company, but not nearly as frequent as Corning did. I'm curious to see what people think of the new company and the opportunity to make your own glass pieces. Could be a fun activity to try out!

I’m sad to read that Corning will no longer be doing this! When does or did this happen? We will be on the Eclipse for the October 2019 Hawaii round trip cruise out of Los Angeles and was so looking forward to the hot glass shows. We were on the Equinox in March 2017 and watched them as often as we could. My husband will be so disappointed when I tell him.

I’m sad to read that Corning will no longer be doing this! When does or did this happen? We will be on the Eclipse for the October 2019 Hawaii round trip cruise out of Los Angeles and was so looking forward to the hot glass shows. We were on the Equinox in March 2017 and watched them as often as we could. My husband will be so disappointed when I tell him.

The Eclipse and Equinox have already switched over to the new company. (Equinox Feb. 1st and Eclipse April 1st)

The Solstice switches on June 1st.

My understanding is that the new company - Hollywood Glass - is strictly "make your own" (for a hefty fee, of course) and the only demonstrations will be at the beginning of the cruise and those are only to show you how each of the make your own pieces are made.

Someone posted a link - check "Hollywood Hot Glass" in the search function.

Oh no! Really? Everything looks normal to me. Is it for just one photo or for all of them? I’m not sure what I can do to fix that since it all looks good on my computer.

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the photos??

Re photos which show as a tiny blue square with a ?

It corrected itself when I refreshed the CC screen but if it happens in the future the remedy I listed lets you see the photo. I have seen it happen in several reviews including my Ocean Princess one. Everything in your review has been normal since.

Norris