Best cabin on Summit

Work2cruz!

Hi. I’m booking a cabin on the Summit and I’ve only done Solstice class ships in the past. I’m looking at 2 cabins. 9105 and possibly 1141. I read 1141 may be issue with smoking from the Sunset Bar.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Any other tips on Summit vs Solstice class ships would be welcome as well

Anne

Kitchener Ontario

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and I are both non-smokers. We have been in stateroom 1140 on the Summit, and had absolutely no problems with smoke from the Sunset Bar.

We have been on numerous cruises on both the S- and M-class ships, and while each class has its advantages and disadvantages, I have no preference of one over the other.

As far as advantages of M vs. S class ships, I think the OVC is laid out much better on S class. Another advantage of S class is the existence of Murano which has been removed from M-class (formerly Ocean Liners restaurants, but the same menu as Murano). The bathrooms have much less storage than on the S-class ships, and have the pesky shower curtains instead of doors.The M-class cabins have more storage and drawer space and night tables instead of the open shelving and above the bed cabinets. There is also a pull-across clothesline in the shower on M-class ships that doesn't exist on S-class.

Has this changed? We were on Summit three years ago and there was not only cigarette, but cigar smoking on one side of the Sunset Bar!

We were on in June 2016, and they had put out the smoking lamp back there. From what I understand, there's still no smoking back there. I'm sure many in those Deck 11 A1 cabins gave them an ear full.

• 4 weeks later...

My 2 cents. We've stayed in 1139 twice in the past couple years. No smoking at the Sunset Bar. Smoking is usually near the back of the pool on the port side. We are booked for Bermuda this summer in 1139 again, but then in December for a Caribbean cruise in 9090. The question we had, and will find out, is if there will be much noise from the pool deck above on 10. The room you're looking at could be under the smoking area, and in a similar area under the pool deck as we'll have in December. Not sure if the smoke would waft its way down. Probably not while cruising, but maybe when docked? I wouldn't know that.

We've been on the Reflection once, and the Silhouette twice. The S-Class ships are bigger and have more options for food and bars, but the Summit has been a great ship. Offers most of the good things about the S-Class, and smaller and easier to navigate at times.

I should add that the cabins on 11 have smaller overhangs so your balcony doesn't get much shade (not sure about the aft facing cabins though - they probably have 1/2 and 1/2), while the A2 cabins on 9 have larger overhangs from the pool deck above, so usually more protection and shade.

Whatever you decide, enjoy. And smooth sailing.

Edited by BlueLobster

Having sailed on each of the M class ships in Aqua on both decks 9 and 11 I can attest to the larger balconies on deck 11 aft with adequate cover. The overhang on the afts will provide cover from all but the heaviest rains with forceful winds but because there is still some open space above water seems to pool more on the balcony deck.

The starboard and port deck 11 cabins have a shallow cover. Some have wider overhangs but none are as wide as either the deck 9 or 11 aft cabins.

Personally if I can't get a deck 11 aft I'll opt for a deck 9 Aqua cabin around 9108 which is under the carpeted buffet.

Smoking at the Sunset Bar ended about 3 years ago on the Summit.