Why do they have to make so hard to have a couple of beers on your balcony?

SL is different than purchasing. I thought this thread was about using the drink package or buying a drink.

Not really, the consensus here has moved on to being over served or providing minors with alcohol. Getting 2-3 unopened beers in the SL is a violation of this assumed policy. :confused:

And my other example, is related to buying a beer. :p

I’m not asking or expecting drink by drink service. Perfectly happy to pay to have the fridge filled up at the start of the cruise and when it’s empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know a member who had their fridge stocked with Blue Moon. they had to pay bar prices, plus tip. they were in a suite and got it through the concierge. It was either Serenade or Allure.

I met my cabin attentant on embarkation day and my one request was to please have a filled ice bucket, a couple of glasses and a bottle opener every day in my cabin.

It was always there waiting for me to enjoy for sailaway from every port.

I would also buy a package of beers (pay for 5 get 6) and drink 2 at the pool, and take the other 4 to my cabin to drink another time.

I never got the drinks package as I dont drink enough to justify it. With my 2 bottles of wine per cabin and the few extra drinks, its worth my while to just pay as I go.

If you are ok with Miller Lite or Coors Light you can screw the cap back on and drink them later in your room.

More than 50% of the time they don't open the tops of the cans. They only rotate the cap slightly tp break the seal and always leave the cap on.

I know a member who had their fridge stocked with Blue Moon. they had to pay bar prices, plus tip. they were in a suite and got it through the concierge. It was either Serenade or Allure.

This is true. That be me, M8.

5 of my last 6 cruises I have had the Suite Concierge or Food and Beverage Mgr stock my cabin frig with a 12 bottles of Blue Moon before arrival on 5 different ships.

Two adults in the room. Both with Drink Packages. This was not a Free Service. It’s outside the boundaries of the package.

I also enjoy having a cold one on my balcony.

Side note. I have never had an issue getting an unopened beer and bringing back to our cabin. I do this often to keep my 12 pack resupplied.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

I met my cabin attentant on embarkation day and my one request was to please have a filled ice bucket, a couple of glasses and a bottle opener every day in my cabin.

It was always there waiting for me to enjoy for sailaway from every port.

I would also buy a package of beers (pay for 5 get 6) and drink 2 at the pool, and take the other 4 to my cabin to drink another time.

I never got the drinks package as I dont drink enough to justify it. With my 2 bottles of wine per cabin and the few extra drinks, its worth my while to just pay as I go.

We forgot an opener once or twice and the bathroom door jam works just fine in popping off the lids.

Thank you so much for the link. I am getting some for my upcoming cruise now. lol

Actually no, it was about having/enjoying a beer on the balcony.

You’re both right, it was about having a beer on the balcony when you have the package and/or 3 diamond drinks to boot.

I almost didn’t get the package for our recent back to back Vision Cruises. We had a huge aft balcony and I knew we would be spending lots of time on it. Without the package, we would have done the room service and/or mini bar and/or bucket thing.

I especially didn’t get the need to open the diamond beers when the stated purpose is to keep the lounge from getting over crowded. They would let me get all of them at once, but they had to be opened.

So yes, we made it a point to never come back to the cabin empty handed, took measures to keep the opened beers from going flat, and did a lot of Fosters in the big cans.

But, when we’re home, the fridge is 15 steps from the pool. I don’t mind paying 5-8 times as much for a beer at sea as a beer in our pool, I just wish I didn’t have to go on what felt like a daily Easter egg hunt.

Never had an issue asking them to not open it. You could also get the aluminum cans and just screw the top back on. I accumulated a few during the day and took them back to the cabin. I either iced them or put them in the refrigerator, which the recent three trips kept them drinkable cold.

The only time I had a problem with that was at the pool and solarium bars. I had to convince the bartenders that I was going back to the cabin and not staying at the pool. They were worried about the glass bottles.

My buddy , who had the drink package, would start every morning going from bar to bar with his backpack and getting an unopened beer and taking them back to his balcony cabin. He usually got 6 to 10 beers....as he also took his wife's card with him.

As mentioned above.....they kept ice/opener in the cabin.

This was Navigator 20 days ago.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

What a great idea! My DH will have to do that on our next trip :)

Also pack a collapsible cooler (with can opener) and have your room steward keep ice in the cooler.

The RC beer bag has an attached opener. We often use it as an ice bucket in the room by throwing a couple beach towels on top of it. ;p

My buddy , who had the drink package, would start every morning going from bar to bar with his backpack and getting an unopened beer

I have an insulated backpack I got a few years ago and it works great with a few ice packs. Looks like a normal backpack from the outside.

BTW: I think that counts as morning exercise.

Buy a bucket of beer at the pool. The bottles are unopened and you can keep them in your fridge.

Would you buy a bucket when you paid for the package?

RCCL has been a raw deal for beer (and wine) drinkers since they got rid of the package for the same. First they made it more expensive for us by eliminating that package, then told us we had to buy two (but we always did) and then make it a pain in the butt to enjoy it in a private space for which we paid extra.

Would you buy a bucket when you paid for the package?

RCCL has been a raw deal for beer (and wine) drinkers since they got rid of the package for the same. First they made it more expensive for us by eliminating that package, then told us we had to buy two (but we always did) and then make it a pain in the butt to enjoy it in a private space for which we paid extra.

Wine drinkers have it easy. Bring two, get up to three from C&A. 5 bottles in 7 days [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app