Tricked on Great stirrup cay

andyjulialee

The guest services person was jut bad. When I had a complaint about a crew member acting, in a way I believed was inappropriate, they called the assistant manager of the department and he showed me a picture of the crew member fitting my description. I never asked what the outcome of it was but at least they seemed to care and were interested in an internal investigation.

I gave the girl working it a drink from the bar and she hooked us up with two floats........

Yeah so obviously they can get away with giving the floats out without having to account for it with NCL. So that really makes me think the guy working it for OP thought it was a tip.

You got scammed. customer service should have covered it without further question. Understood about leaving a bad taste. I seldom bring more than a few bucks to the private islands; they are advertised as cashless areas.

good for you and this is why we keep all our receipts. if there is a question we have the proof we need. Luckily for us, we have never had a billing problem that I can remember. We have had to complain of occasion about service. Always, the cruise line has made whatever complaint we have had, good. Like bad service in Le Bistro, we got another LeBistro dinner.

We must have been on the same cruise.

I ordered a bottle of St. Regis non-alcoholic wine with my dinner at Le Bistro, it took the server 45 minutes to get it, before I left I told the hostess "It would have been nice to have had the wine WITH my dinner" .... she gave me another Le Bistro dinner.

OP thanks for the heads up. Your story was helpful to me in watching out for this type of thing. I personally think NCL should have investigated (e.g. observe this particular employee at work) and see what is going on. It is a negative reflection on the cruise line IF an employee is stealing from guests and nothing is done about it.

And to add on - I wonder what would have happened if OP adjusted her DSC down a total of $15 AFTER she tried to get satisfaction and NCL refused to give her a refund. I don't advocate doing this ordinarily, but if NCL is blowing her off, surely messing with the DSC will get attention since that tends to be pretty sacred to NCL!

This is a very strange story. Everyone on the island works for NCL. 2 things stand out to me and I am surprised no one else has mentioned. Its been awhile since I have been to GSC but I have rented many rafts there. When I was there in 2010 the raft rental was $25. The next year I went, I think it was $30. $15 for a full day raft rental seems extremely cheap unless maybe its a tiny one. We rented the big circular ones.

Second oddity is I don't remember them accepting cash. Its like buying a drink. You don't pay cash. You pay with your room card. Cash is only used on the island to tip. NCL does not accept cash for their excursions either.

However, I have not been there for awhile so maybe things have changed.

This is a very strange story. Everyone on the island works for NCL. 2 things stand out to me and I am surprised no one else has mentioned. Its been awhile since I have been to GSC but I have rented many rafts there. When I was there in 2010 the raft rental was $25. The next year I went, I think it was $30. $15 for a full day raft rental seems extremely cheap unless maybe its a tiny one. We rented the big circular ones.

Second oddity is I don't remember them accepting cash. Its like buying a drink. You don't pay cash. You pay with your room card. Cash is only used on the island to tip. NCL does not accept cash for their excursions either.

However, I have not been there for awhile so maybe things have changed.

Well if this story was a non-truth that would be a real mind bender, no?

Well if this story was a non-truth that would be a real mind bender, no?

I am casting no doubt on the story. I am just saying its a strange situation. It looks like someone took money instead of just charging it to the room. I just don't remember ever needing cash for anything on GSC.