My New Favorite Cruise Ship

boblerm

Hi -

If there is anything you want to know or pictures that you would like me to take, just let me know!:D

Thanks, Travelcat2! Booked #700 for early July Med cruise on Voyager. Of course would love any thoughts you have....hope you're feeling better. Many thanks

Thanks, Travelcat2! Booked #700 for early July Med cruise on Voyager. Of course would love any thoughts you have....hope you're feeling better. Many thanks

Wow - great choice! Love Regent’s 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath suites. The suite is spacious and has a lovely bar. If I recall correctly the bed in the master bedroom faces the window and gives great views of the ocean. I bet that you’ll enjoy every moment you spend in that suite.

As an aside, the first Master Suite that we had on Regent was 701. When we walked in, I got the giggles because it seemed so large for two people. Hope that you take photos of the suite as I would love to ee it with the new decor.

P.S. I’m feeling 99% better - thanks for asking.

Wow - great choice! Love Regent’s 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath suites. The suite is spacious and has a lovely bar. If I recall correctly the bed in the master bedroom faces the window and gives great views of the ocean. I bet that you’ll enjoy every moment you spend in that suite.

As an aside, the first Master Suite that we had on Regent was 701. When we walked in, I got the giggles because it seemed so large for two people. Hope that you take photos of the suite as I would love to ee it with the new decor.

P.S. I’m feeling 99% better - thanks for asking.

Thanks, Jackie....your comment about #700 has me now counting the days! Will attempt photos, and at the least a description of the suite and our cruise! I guess peppermint tea is the answer:D

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, I had no idea that NCL owned Regent Cruise Lines. I believe this will be our 60th cruise and to celebrate our 35 year Anniversary. I wanted it to be special, not like our last NCL cruise in Hawaii, which was the cruise from hell. I don't even want to tell my wife what I have done after spending that much money to sail on the Explorer in July. I saw where they just dropped the price of our cruise by $1100.00 per person. Are they having problems? tell me we did not make a huge mistake.

OMG, I had no idea that NCL owned Regent Cruise Lines. I believe this will be our 60th cruise and to celebrate our 35 year Anniversary. I wanted it to be special, not like our last NCL cruise in Hawaii, which was the cruise from hell. I don't even want to tell my wife what I have done after spending that much money to sail on the Explorer in July. I saw where they just dropped the price of our cruise by $1100.00 per person. Are they having problems? tell me we did not make a huge mistake.
I can only repeat what I said in my review. On my cruise on the Explorer, I did not encounter even one of my fellow passengers that was less than enthusiastically positive about their cruise experience.

Relax, and enjoy your cruise!

Bob

Regent is doing great but there has been a downturn of people from the U.S. visiting the Med. for the past couple of years which is causing the promotion and price drop. Other Regent itineraries are full over a year in advance. I have no doubt that your cruise will be very special!

Christopher------Have to say I don't always agree with Regent and some posters on CC. However we did are first Regent cruise on the Explorer and had a great time, no problems at all (little things but no big deal). Service wouldn't have been better. Now we're booked on 2 more cruises on the Mariner (next boarding will be April 18th this year, followed by another next year). And we just ordered a booking on the Splendor to follow the Mariner bookings. We wouldn't have done that if we didn't feel good about Regent--simple as that. So IMO you'll have a great time, so enjoy your cruise. Rick

I used to warn newbies to Regent that there is a risk of becoming addicted as we did in 2004 when we took our first Radisson (now Regent) cruise. Now I need to add that sailing Explorer may make the other ships disappointing. After our four Explorer cruises, we sailed on the Mariner and are now on the Voyager and in the back of my mind I just want to be on Explorer. We had a great cruise but Voyager (or Mariner) is simply not Explorer.

So, in our case, after one more Voyager cruise we have two Explorer and one Splendor cruise in our future. Can't wait to get back to what we consider the best cruise ship at sea!

I used to warn newbies to Regent that there is a risk of becoming addicted as we did in 2004 when we took our first Radisson (now Regent) cruise. Now I need to add that sailing Explorer may make the other ships disappointing. After our four Explorer cruises, we sailed on the Mariner and are now on the Voyager and in the back of my mind I just want to be on Explorer. We had a great cruise but Voyager (or Mariner) is simply not Explorer.

So, in our case, after one more Voyager cruise we have two Explorer and one Splendor cruise in our future. Can't wait to get back to what we consider the best cruise ship at sea!

As a shareholder of NCLH, I'm aghast at the STUPIDITY of the NCL Sun attempted refit during a voyage! As a Regent cruiser, I couldn't care less about the NCL event. I've had 13 terrific cruises on Regent; have 4 more reserved; and now considering another 2020 Regent cruise to make it 5 booked.