Website Working? Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Luvcrusn

Today, for the first time in over a year, after too many phone calls to count and pulling out my hair I logged onto the website for my tri-weekly dose of aggravation. I logged in with my user name and password, went to "My Reservation," then "Manage My Reservation," then "Order History," it was all there! Even our beverage packages were there! When I clicked "View Full Calendar" everything was displayed perfectly. WOW! I was even able to search Connections and the Connections party showed how many people were registered, instead of showing a message saying nothing could be found. (It did show in the fine print below the box with ship, sail date and number registered) that as of 24 March 2018 the number of people registered for reflection. (Above that it correctly said Silhouette.) But who cares, progress is being made albeit at a snails pace....but I'll take it!

Before I get completely euphoric, I thought I'd edit my profile. The immigration information was all still blank, even though I've clicked edit, completed the information, clicked save and saw a green check mark that said Success a few hundred times. Today, based on the success achieved in the previous post, I thought I'd try again. I went to "Profile," "Immigration Information," "Edit" entered all the details, clicked "Save," and got the familiar "Success," with the green check mark. Then I exited, logged out. Logged back in and went back to "Immigration" and.......yes! you guessed it....Blank!

Luvcrusn, where is the order history button? I don't see it when I go to manage my reservation?[/qAfter you've clicked "Manage Reservation," you need to also click on "Explore Cruise Planner." At the top of that page you'll see "Order History" in the white strip above the black line.

Thanks Luvcrusn, I found it and it does work!

Editing to add, when I clicked on order history, it took me to "no upcoming cruises" page :-(

I just logged out and back in, repeated all your steps again and there is no order history button at the top of the page.

I was able to book a shore excursion with some OBC. Previously, this has not worked, and I've had to call.

When I went in a little bit ago I got a big pop-up explaining that we could now do this. Then I continued on and found that Cruise Planner is pretty much populated even for our cruise 18 months away. :)

Someone mentioned something about a merging with the RCI website. Maybe that's the fix....

They recently implemented a common UID/Password for the sites. That could conceivably be a first step towards a merge. A 100% solution will take a long while but in the short term I hope we can at least see some more bug fixes like this.

Also, RCCL hosted a week of user testing the week of March 12 in Miami. It's unlikely this is a direct result of those sessions but the corp does seem to be taking the right steps to fix the websites.

Also, RCCL hosted a week of user testing the week of March 12 in Miami. It's unlikely this is a direct result of those sessions but the corp does seem to be taking the right steps to fix the websites.

I wouldn't count on it. After several phone conference calls, the last of which was in August of last year with X's IT department, there's finally been some progress. I'm glad for any progress made, but there's still a lot to go to make it function and user friendly. I am sorely afraid that the merging of the two sites will magnify the problems users have been experiencing on both rather than the opposite occurring based on experience with the two sites.

I wouldn't count on it. After several phone conference calls, the last of which was in August of last year with X's IT department, there's finally been some progress. I'm glad for any progress made, but there's still a lot to go to make it function and user friendly. I am sorely afraid that the merging of the two sites will magnify the problems users have been experiencing on both rather than the opposite occurring based on experience with the two sites.

BO1953 posted a link to the RCCL career page a few weeks ago. I've been in IT since 1979 and when I reviewed the list of job postings it became obvious to me that they are staffing a predominantly internal IT staff including the kind of Project Management positions needed to rebuild (or merge) the sites. Much better than leaving them in the hands of the contractors who have been screwing them up. It's certainly not going to happen fast but that's ok as long as it happens right.

BO1953 posted a link to the RCCL career page a few weeks ago. I've been in IT since 1979 and when I reviewed the list of job postings it became obvious to me that they are staffing a predominantly internal IT staff including the kind of Project Management positions needed to rebuild (or merge) the sites. Much better than leaving them in the hands of the contractors who have been screwing them up. It's certainly not going to happen fast but that's ok as long as it happens right.

I am a glass half full kind of person and not a chronic complainer. I saw BO1953's post and it's good to know that they are looking to hire an internal IT team to solve the myriad website problems that have been very well documented on this forum. Although it's not possible to turn back the clock, I do often wonder why the site was launched the way it was, since even a badly functional internal IT team could have determined it was not ready for consumer use. Your conclusion however that the problems were left in the hands of external contractors who were screwing them up (before the current hires) doesn't hold water. An external team certainly designed the site, they handed it back to the internal team at a point early on. I had many telephone conversations with the internal IT team management as well as tele-conferences between internal IT, high level customer service personal and myself documenting, and demonstrating the many features of the website that fell short. The result of each of those conversations were promises coupled with target dates that came and went without results. The last target dates passed about six months ago. I did start this thread and acknowledged the progress I saw, so, again I'm not a "Negative Nellie." Your conclusion is just a bit "off" that the problems over the past year were because an external firm was boggling them. I just can't reconcile my interactions with internal IT and that scenario. I am grateful for the noted progress and if it is a result of the new hires then I say a heartfelt HALLELUJAH!

I, too, have just discovered that, on my laptop, at least, the cruise planner is working at long, long last.

However, on my ipad, we seem to have gone backwards. The cruise planner button currently takes me to a page designed to help me choose my next cruise.

Perhaps, this is a temporary issue as RCCL work through their fix.

I will not uncross my fingers, however, until I successfully navigate through the luggage tag process etc in due course.

Did you get a feel for who was doing the project management for the site? Internal vs external? After 40 years in IT I've found that the PM can make or break a project. Coders are a dime a dozen but a good PM, especially one with industry experience, is worth their weight in gold. Several of the posted internal spots looked for PM experience which is one of the things I found encouraging.

I, too, have just discovered that, on my laptop, at least, the cruise planner is working at long, long last.

However, on my ipad, we seem to have gone backwards. The cruise planner button currently takes me to a page designed to help me choose my next cruise.

I will not uncross my fingers, however, until I successfully navigate through the luggage tag process etc in due course.

Exactly the same thing happens with me. Assumed it was location issue. We are in UK and site bumps us from US to UK address.

Now that's a result to watch for - it may be the most common issue of all.

Exactly the same thing happens with me. Assumed it was location issue. We are in UK and site bumps us from US to UK address.

I often have that happen if I am not on an InPrivate browsing window. That's my go to method of accessing the site from my desktop computer. I'm in the US, so not a UK issue.