Silver Shadow

jeanrtco

Trivia is serious business! Did you have an international team? They always seem to do better than "all American" or "all Brit". Atleast with Jeremy & myself, you get Canadian & American, not worldly international, but Canada still counts as a foreign country. Plus, I am known to be the repository of useless information, works well in Accounting, even better in trivia.

Good luck with uploading your file for taxes. We had ours submitted a couple weeks ago. Just finishing the last few client ones before I depart. Must go feed the printer some paper, enjoy your evening!

Jan

Yes it was a mixture. 4 Brits, 2 Americans and 2 Aussies.... Though one of them was a Brit really.

We were the Scrambled Eggheads.... I think the name was thought up prior.

The deep thinkers won.. with the smallest numbers! I'm sure we were generous with a point we gave them... So I'd call it a tied first place scored really! (I am competitive... But not for this... Honest!)

Formal night tonight.... Not too many I've noticed in black tie.... Probably 20% if that.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Thanks Sp2 and SS

My pleasure

No worries on the name SS... I was making sure it that's what you meant. This ship is familiar but really is different. I'm wondering if others feel the same on that score.

The CD is Kirk, who greeted as we boarded suggesting he knew me, but it's my first time I've sailed with him and it's a pleasure to date and can't see that changing. He was good fun at triv.

To Jan and those boarding... We have a great acoustic guitarist with us. ... But your requests ready! He's a star.

Formal night... I think it may have been about 30% in black tie but nigh everyone was smartly dressed. Until one guy arrived quite late. I think he thought it was fancy dress. I'll leave it at that. Most odd but each to their own... No tie... No jacket .. but the room might have been short of some curtains! Ho hum!

Maybe an announcement due from HCMC tomorrow AM.

The Mekong journey starts at 3am and we arrive at the museum at 9am.... You gotta love small ships.

While I remember... At triv one of the team thought the shadow was due a refit... Looks old and tired... The response came back she is old and part of the attraction. This was from seasoned SS travellers who've also been on the Muse... Agree it's a wonderful vessel... But not for them.

Oldly it's how I feel too, but wouldn't not go back on Muse... She is impressive... But it is the staff that make it...

Thanks les for sharing the info on the internet . I’m glad I won’t have to worry about signing off the internet after one hour of use each day. How does the ship ride during days at sea? Have the seas been calm? Hope you have not run into the “favored” smoker guest again.

Continue to enjoy your cruise, looking forward to ours.

Hello Les - see you are live on another thread - or is it me??

Throwing my "bucks" into the ring. I was on the Shadow in Nov/Dec and - yes there were some "tired" areas, and to some people "the decor" is all important. To me as long as the food maintains its high standards, and the brilliant staff are onboard - that's it. As somebody said recently, a day onboard an SS ship is better than a week ashore!!

The little bar was in fact open before dinner and was quite busy on my trip in November last.

So pleased to hear that Kirk is your CD, he is a trivia King par excellence and your little scrambled eggers should have an interesting and entertaining Trivia. Please give him my best regards and say hello from Sir and Madame - who helped during his rehearsal for his own show when his throat was bad last November!

As you say, you seem to be fortunate with your Wi-Fi. I too enjoyed the "free" service when they were testing the new systems. However on the four cruises since then, I have only had the free one hour per day.!!

Horrified to hear that the Maitre 'D in La Terrazza allowed smoking in the body of the restaurant - Italian or not! No Manfredi does not smoke!!

Interested that Vicki is onboard as she was last heard of on the Muse, covering for Jimmy until his return in April?

Has Captain Samuele returned as Master?

Looking forward to more news from you. - particularly with your free Internet!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

PS i have heard that the Shadow will undergo a major dry dock during her 2019 Med season, which maybe the reason she has been brought back to this sector for the first time for a number of years.

Interested that Vicki is onboard as she was last heard of on the Muse, covering for Jimmy until his return in April?
Hi Master Echo! Is the Jimmy you refer to Mr. Kovel? If so, I’m even more excited for our June cruise as we enjoyed our last voyage with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Master Echo! Is the Jimmy you refer to Mr. Kovel? If so, I’m even more excited for our June cruise as we enjoyed our last voyage with him.

Yes this was a little bit of a pre-empt and I wasn't 100% sure I was going to do a live offering. I just wanted to say Robins line! Hopefully after we set off I will get it properly started.... And before it's too late that dementia sets in and I forget what's gone on.

Few negatives...one I guess is the luck of the draw. We've not seen the butler since 2pm when we boarded. The fridge is empty (the "full fat" drinks we left out were put on a shelf!) We rang 3 times this afternoon ... I mention good service gets a reward.. he can whistle!

It's one thing to be in your face, but I wonder where he's going with what he's up to.

Not too much to have a few diet cokes in the fridge is it?

I will ask Kirk and pass your regards. Funnily when we boarded he was convinced he knew me. I've not sailed with him before but maybe reputations precede! Lol

One bit of good news I don't think I mentioned.... May 8th Tower Bridge... silver Cloud Explorer is a lunch date!

Oops I still noticed my reply is to SF

I know Jimmy...he was on my Muse cruise. I will ask that too...

Sojourn does look splendid!

166aa1fb484efd6c313998359886bfd5.jpg03ce099d3ad30797f1c62985e1418dad.jpg02723696827e6f2a83bc8b518e4cd818.jpg09d6d78fe1906f1407312353789fed71.jpg

Is it me or is the pool area on shadow smaller that Silver Wind?

b11a4a7e88d043d666cad29cae597861.jpg29afcf25b4c0a49dc6b5183eb49e09c3.jpg

Hello Stumblefoot

Yes you are quite correct - I did mean Jimmy Kovel.

When I did the Montreal to FLL cruise on the Muse last September, his twin brother - he doesn't look like Jimmy - a chef with a good restaurant in Boston, was on board and gave several cooking demonstrations with SS's Executive Chef Ann Marie, needless to say the theatre was packed and the food delicious.

As you may know, The Muse and soon the Spirit, has an Assistant Cruise Director. This is Luke Murgatroyd who you may know in another guise as the Production Manager of the Voices of Silversea. He is an equally good ACD as he is a singer. He will be joining the Muse in April along with Jimmy and I am sure that your cruise will be very enjoyable with these two.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Luke will be joining the Muse in April along with Jimmy and I am sure that your cruise will be very enjoyable with these two.

Thx Master Echo! Sounds like the Jimmy/Luke team will be back in business. We enjoyed our time with Luke on our last voyage. He will make a fine CD some day.

I can only imagine how good the food was on your voyage. Ann Marie is our favorite chef and she had the Muse in fine form last fall. I can only hope she’ll be back on our June voyage.

ME, after our MDR dinner last night we returned to the bar and left there at 12 for bed. On our way, we were passing the little snug bar that Silver Spectre mentioned and saw Kirk in there and were invited in. He was with Vicki who you'd mentioned previously. To answer the question I think you asked..... She is back on the Muse from October.

We spent a very enjoyable couple of hours chatting with Kirk and have been invited to join him for dinner.

It was gone 2am when we left.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

When do CD’s sleep?

Well he did say he was only popping in for one, but I get what you mean. I doubt he’s up that late every night!

Visit to the bridge today, so looking forward to that.