what will you do for one day at Orlando?

Anyone with a ticket can book fast passes for free, 60 days out for resort guests, 30 days for everyone else. You just need your ticket ahead of time. I definitely wouldn’t do it on a cruise stop.

That’s for Disney, not Universal.

At Universal you have to pay up front for a one day pass per person that gets you into the “express pass” line. It’s something like $75/pp last I checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those concerned about the price of Kennedy Space Center, like most of the Central Florida attractions, you can google to search for discounted tickets. They’re small discounts but every penny helps right?

Like someone else mentioned, the price of admission at KSC gets you A LOT. You can easily spend a full day there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I commute everyday from the Port area. SeaWorld is by far the easiest and quickest to get to if you really have your heart set on a theme park. For local things to do right near the port..... Just to name a few.....tons of great nearby dining and shopping opportunities, beaches, piers, charter fishing....... as for shopping...... we have the Merritt Island Mall and also the Avenues outdoor mall is in nearby Viera or the Brevard zoo which is awesome and has a zip line. Skyzone which is 20 minutes away. Melbourne has dog racing, off track betting and the Andretti fun park if you want to go cart. You could google each one of these to get more detail. Plenty to do in Port Canaveral area other than the Space Center.

That's always fun! Be sure to check out Dixie Crossroads for a bite to eat after an airboat trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dixie Crossroads is no where near where the airboats are, but there is a really cool catfish restaurant right at the airboat rides on State Road 520 called Lone Cabbage Fish Camp.

Here is another link for rides at that location and also includes a 2.00 coupon.

http://www.twisterairboatrides.com/

Dixie Crossroads is no where near where the airboats are, but there is a really cool catfish restaurant right at the airboat rides on State Road 520 called Lone Cabbage Fish Camp.

Here is another link for rides at that location and also includes a 2.00 coupon.

http://www.twisterairboatrides.com/

Airboat Rides at Midway is about 10 miles away from the restaurant.

http://dixiecrossroads.com/links.asp

Airboat Rides at Midway is about 10 miles away from the restaurant.

http://dixiecrossroads.com/links.asp

Not sure where you live, but I live at the Great Outdoors, which has the Midway airboats practically in my back yard off of state road 50. I know a little about that area. ;) Yes, Dixie Crossroads is another 10 miles from there, we go there a lot. Great shrimp, totally addictive hush puppies. :D

OP is asking about things to do for a day trip from the port. Airboat rides at Midway on state road 50 are 30 miles from the port, and then another 10 up to Dixie Crossroads.

I mentioned the Lone Cabbage fish camp, since the airboats are about half that distance at 17 miles from the port, and the Lone Cabbage fish camp restaurant (very local flavor also) is right on site there. One simple taxi ride, (or Uber) and one back. ;)

Have to agree about SeaWorld. No need to pay extra for express passes. Crowds are not an issue. A great choice for a few hours. The least stressful large park in Orlando. I miss my past season pass as being a Floridian an hour away.

I have two boys also 4 and 7 and we went to Kennedy Space Center. It was the best money spent. I wouldn't book the shuttle if you are traveling as a family of 4, and just take an Uber. I found the bus tour was OK, but we ended up spending too much time there because we decided to have lunch there and didn't budget enough time for the gift shop. But the Atlantis exhibit is the main attraction, wow. Just do it.