Isn't 3 plus 3 the same as 4 plus 2????

We booked two cabins for our upcoming cruise on Symphony of the Seas. There are six of us, but they would not allow us to book 3 in each cabin. We had to book 4 in one and 2 in the other cabin. They appear to be identical layouts of two beds and a sofa that makes into a bed. I know that we can do our own switching around after we get on board. I am just puzzled why they wouldn't just let us book the way we are going to use the cabins anyway.

We booked two cabins for our upcoming cruise on Symphony of the Seas. There are six of us, but they would not allow us to book 3 in each cabin. We had to book 4 in one and 2 in the other cabin. They appear to be identical layouts of two beds and a sofa that makes into a bed. I know that we can do our own switching around after we get on board. I am just puzzled why they wouldn't just let us book the way we are going to use the cabins anyway.

What are the relationships among the various passengers?

And would you care to share the name of the ship and the cabin numbers? You may be wrong about the berths.

What are the relationships among the various passengers?

And would you care to share the name of the ship and the cabin numbers? You may be wrong about the berths.

Yes and as we know sometimes the published deck plan cabins we are looking at can be wrong...

I don't think that they like parties of 3. There aren't that many that only hold 3 and they like to book to room capacity. We are going to change cruises because I can't seem to book our party of 3 and party of 2 in the same category. Apparently they go really quickly. I have a hold on that cabin for 5 and they couldn't even put the five of us on the same reservation number. So the 10 year old has her own reservation number.

I don't think that they like parties of 3. There aren't that many that only hold 3 and they like to book to room capacity. We are going to change cruises because I can't seem to book our party of 3 and party of 2 in the same category. Apparently they go really quickly. I have a hold on that cabin for 5 and they couldn't even put the five of us on the same reservation number. So the 10 year old has her own reservation number.

A cabin that holds 2 and a cabin that holds 3 are different category cabins, always!

Carla

WHy do the cabins have to be in the same category? Sometimes a cabin for two )one category) is right next to a cabin for 3 (different category),

Perhaps one of the cabins has a sofa that does NOT open into a bed...not saying it can't be slept on, but unless it's a REAL bed, you can't book a person in there. That doesn't mean that once you board, you can't rearrange the cabin occupants....you can certainly do that, if someone wants to sleep on the sofa.

Tell us the ship and cabin #'s, and we can give you a reason!

9237 does not have a sofabed.

Why do you think that it does?

That was my bad I guess. I don't know why I thought every sofa made into a bed. I didn't realize that some are just plain sofa's. But right from the get go there were no cabins available for just three people. Just for fun I'm going to check the sofa anyway to see if it makes into a bed.