NCL ESCAPE Haven....another Q

Shynook11

Are the forward and aft penthouses less for a reason? Are they not near the rest of the Haven amenities? If that is correct, are they still worth it?

Maybe no upgrade this trip but we have the Epic booked in 2019 for Europe....so all info is appreciated.

Edited by Shynook11

Are the forward and aft penthouses less for a reason? Are they not near the rest of the Haven amenities? If that is correct, are they still worth it?

They are the best bargains. Extra space (separate living room) and full access to all Haven facilities and perks. We only book forward facing rooms or spa rooms.

They are not in the “Haven” area. You the aft cabins are a hike and the forward cabins you would just go up or down the stairs to get to the Haven area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The aft haven cabins on the escape was not that bad. Maybe a two min walk at the most from the aft cabin to the Haven proper.

Figure if the walk was going to be too much I could have the butler deliver what ever I needed. Only need to go to the Haven proper to lay out or swim in the Haven pool.

If we wanted a quick bite the buffet was right above us so it was a shorter walk then those in the Haven.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Maybe no upgrade this trip but we have the Epic booked in 2019 for Europe....so all info is appreciated.

Based on videos I’ve seen of the Epic aft Haven suites, they are a lot different than the ones on Escape.

• 4 months later...

They’re not in “the Haven” area, so are typically more affordable to offset this. The aft suites have amazing balconies but are farthest from the Haven (figure a good 5+ minute walk).

Forward suites are closer, as The Haven is also Forward, but the balcony is pretty small and only accessible from the living room.

Both are great values.

The forward cabins might be in the same area as the Haven proper but depending on which deck you are on the stairs could be a hike and just the walk to the elevator is pretty far as the forward elevators are almost mid ship. Just my opinion. Loved the aft balcony.

They’re not in “the Haven” area, so are typically more affordable to offset this. The aft suites have amazing balconies but are farthest from the Haven (figure a good 5+ minute walk).

Forward suites are closer, as The Haven is also Forward, but the balcony is pretty small and only accessible from the living room.

Both are great values.

While maybe helpful to others, the OP already sailed mid-June (we were on same trip as her family).