Future Cruise Deposits on over 44 day cruises

Cruise2End

The certificate explains the amount of onboard credit for cruises up to 44 days in length.

If you book a cruise that’s longer than 44 days, should we assume no OBC provided? I thought I was told instead that Princess took off a percentage on your cruise price. If so, where does that sow up on your booking info? Anyone know?

Thanks!

The certificate explains the amount of onboard credit for cruises up to 44 days in length.

If you book a cruise that’s longer than 44 days, should we assume no OBC provided? I thought I was told instead that Princess took off a percentage on your cruise price. If so, where does that sow up on your booking info? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Here is the fine print in part.

"FCDs are not applicable to bookings 45

days or longer.. For those bookings a 3% cruise fare discount is given and reduced deposit requirements may vary based on booking date."

Unless you are booking a World cruise very few voyages are 45 days or longer. Most voyages are available to book in segments or separate voyages that are under 45 days. It is normally nets out less, fare minus OBC, if you book in segments, but you must work out the math for the specific cruise(s) you are planning.

We are on the Royal around South America next February. It is 49 days, so no FCCs. We got a 3% discount, $500 per person OBC and paid gratuities. The PBP is also not available for the longer cruises. The SA cruise is also sold in 3 segments 19/14/16 days. Those who would make full use of the PBP found it was better to split the booking into 3 legs and get it. We found our drink tab is low enough to be better with one booking.

We are on the Royal around South America next February. It is 49 days, so no FCCs. We got a 3% discount, $500 per person OBC and paid gratuities. The PBP is also not available for the longer cruises. The SA cruise is also sold in 3 segments 19/14/16 days. Those who would make full use of the PBP found it was better to split the booking into 3 legs and get it. We found our drink tab is low enough to be better with one booking.

We have same situation- do not drink enough for beverage packages. When you look at you travel summary where does it reflect the 3% discount. I’m just trying to figure out where it’s shown. Thanks!

We have same situation- do not drink enough for beverage packages. When you look at you travel summary where does it reflect the 3% discount. I’m just trying to figure out where it’s shown. Thanks!

It may not be listed in the summary, but the cruise price you are paying should reflect the discount.

Having an interesting time wrapping my head about such a long cruise. Enjoy.

As far as I know the 3% discount is reflected in the price of the cruise. It is not shown as a separate line item.

Having an interesting time wrapping my head about such a long cruise. Enjoy.

It is wonderful. We did it on the Grand in 2013 and have done a number of 40 to 48 day cruises. Another 48 day coming up the end of May on the Pacific Princess

Thanks Paul929207 and caribill !

Guess that’s why I can’t see it 😁. We too are scheduled for the South America trip on February 2. We realize we are very lucky to be able to cruise the long itineraries... realize that you need not only the funds but also the time and health. We’re doing it while we still have all three!!!

For those west coast cruisers, there is a 60 night Pacific Rim Cruise this fall. Great sell price right now and great perks from princess for Minis.

We saw the discount when we originally booked, but with the current sales, it is lost in the noise, but still there.