Old tyme cruisers, how many days to reach platinum?

cruise_mojo

HI guys,

What's the record? My wife and I reached Platinum status in just 43 days!!!!!:cool:

when Carnival started the repeat cruiser thing ( as far as we can tell NCL started that like all good cruise things ) ( as well as some bad ones - but I digress ) the requirement was complete 10 Cruises

we dug back into our records to find our first Carnival cruise was back in the 80's ( today I still have my original credit card recpt. ) and we had our travel agent supply the info to Carnival and they credited us with those 3 days - that allowed us to book our first C cruise in about 10 yrs and start the ball rolling - that was a 4 day on Fascination

anyhoo, we took a ton of 5 day cruises after those first 7 days and somewhere in there we squeezed in an 8 day and a couple more 3 day ones on sensation and hit PLATINUM IN JUST 43 DAYS!:evilsmile:

my son Charlie missed the first cruise as he wasn't even a gleam in my eye but he did just get in under the wire in that grandfathered period as they changed the status levels to days. HE did hit it on the Dream a couple years after we, did on a 7 day - I have never counted his days but I suppose he's at maybe 47 not having been on a Carnival cruise since ( but when he does go, his wife ought to be happy!:hearteyes:

SO for those that know.....FESS UP!

BTW we're at an anemic 121 days on Carnival and 23 Carnival cruises.....

having frittered away plenty of days on other cruise lines..... 16 other cruises for 91 other days

43 for me, lots of 3 days cruises out of Jacksonville since we live here. Just had to get away. Only at 17 cruises and 79 days. My husband missed a couple and never made it so he curses me every time we get our cards lol. he's got 8 more days

well u know how to fix that? take an 8 day cruise!!!!

that way he'll get the status on day one!:confused:

we have sights set on diamiond but now we kinda like a royal cruise maybe once a year for 7 days so that will slow us down a bit.

we did just hit platinum on royal whichs is a bit lower status on them, I think emerald is about the same, you actually hit diamond with them at the same as carnival's platinum

royal offers several more minor perks than carnival at the lower levels but the biggie for us is the clothes washing!:D

next month we'll fly to Miami, and spend a day there and three in key west and a day back in Miami and get on Sensation and toss our room stewy all our dirties!:halo:

hey lotta cruises, Id say yer right!!!! but not just for us though.... I suspect plenty of those snowbirds and retirees are to blame?

NCL ticked us off, at one time they were our fav cruise line and they had the first program we knew of but they changed the rules back and forth, took cruises away, gave em back and took em away again then finally we just tossed in the towel and quite arguing with them and stopped crusing with them too!

I do keep tabs on what and there they are doing in the markets we ply but they'd really have to have a deal to get us back on board and right now they just never seem to have the right price for us.

I had 71 days after my 10th cruise in Dec. 2013, so I was only 4 days short of the required 75 days that it requires to be categorized as platinum currently.

We did a few 8-day cruises, mostly 7 days, and one 5-day cruise. We have to fly, so short cruises don't make much since.

Currently at 92 days. DH didn't get grandfathered in since I had 2 cruises before we got together, but he made it to platinum with 75 days a couple of cruises afterwards. That was complicated by the fact that we did a Royal Oasis cruise in between.

We hit Platinum at 52. Took three cruises in 2013, last of them in November, to just get in under the grandfather deadline!!! Now at 91 points and will be hitting 98 after our Bermuda cruise next month!!!

I made a push to become platinum for the Transatlantic of Dream in 2009. Wanted the free laundry for the 16 days... All cruises were 4,5,7 except the last, a 3 on Sensation. At the end of the TA I had 61 days. I'm at 129 now. Took some years off to make platinum on Princess - did it in three cruises, a 14, a 26, another 14. Then Elite on Celebrity. EM

I hit Platinum at 49 days! Back in my younger years I worked for an airline which made it super cheap to get away for a quick 4 or 5 day trip (free airfare and discounted cruises...those were the days!). After my last cruise, I'm at 100 days (17 total cruises) - so half way to Diamond! Since I left the airlines, we've done all 6-7 day cruises except one short one we took my husbands older kids on for their Fall Break.

I hit platinum with 44 days back in 2012. Heard they were changing the loyalty program from 10 cruises to 75 days. I already had my 9th cruise booked. So DD and I booked B2B and I became platinum on the 2 week of the B2B.

Now my next 7 day cruise in 19 days, 4/15/18 puts me at 199 days... so close :eek:

But I will become DIAMOND on my 4 day cruise 4/26/18... WOO HOO :hearteyes:

I believe I had 8 cruises @ 7 days and 2 @ 4 days when I earned it back in January of 2009, so I got it at 64 nights. My first two cruises were from 86 and 91 that I never got credit for. Needed either a sail n sign card, credit card statement or embarkation photo as proof. Sitting at 103/16 instead of 114/18. Will never reach Diamond and Milestone is only a slight possibility. Have two booked on the Horizon and enough gift cards bought for close to two more. Still leaves me 5 short of the 25 needed for that 25% Milestone discount.

micah's grandpaw..... that's what we have pretty much decided on Royal take only 7 days or more until you can cross a threshold

on royal we did a 3 and got grandfathered into their new program with 12 pts, then a 4, 5 7 and 7 to hit platinum but on Royal you don't get the benefit till the NEXT CRUISE which will be Karen's retirement cruise on royal in april

40 yrs with Piedmont, Norfolk Western\Piedmont, US Air, America West\USAIR and now finally USAIR\ American AIrlines

that's about as technically correct as I can get it since as US Air you could throw in some banks in the two backruptcies!!!!

40 years and ONE CHAIR as she describes it!!!

when we were young and could fly free we couldn't afford more and now that we can afford it we don't want to go anywhere near a stupid airport or plane BUT.......

we will be flying down to Miami ( hey that sounds like a song title ) in a couple weeks on some positive space air and then cruising a few days later:p

TWO SHOES!!!!:D

I was thinking about 2shoe things when I started this thread.

1. would you guys have beaten us on the days since you're both so prolific and

you had all those short weekend cruises on your profile.

2. HOW could me and Karen not bump into you and Jerry last year when WE took 4 cruises!!!!:confused:

this fall we started fixing up mom and dad's old place and then this year early our old place so we haven't cruised yet this year but we listed our house last Wednesday and it SOLD Thursday!!!! as long as the deal goes thru!!

so when we get all our bills paid we might schedule more in jan next year but right now we got Halloween on the pride this year and this sensation cruise in two weeks

oh and yes we got platinum on 10 cruises and we got the benefits ON that cruise looking back it seems on the fascination which was out of jax then, probably a 5 day but we may have taken the rare longer one on that one I'd have to dig my log out to really check it in detail

Charlie got it on the dream, he started on Carnival as a mere yute on the fascination in 2003 out of Miami to key west and coz on his 5th overall cruise.

pretty neat being a 11 yr old having cruised the Oceanic, NORWAY, Galaxy, Regal Empress, then the Fascination - that's a well rounded early cruise experience I think?