Bed on Balcony

Renmar

Anybody ever had their bed (twin bed) moved onto the balcony. For our upcoming cruise, Panama Canal, we have a balcony that seems large enough to have one of the beds set up there. I like to try sleeping outside :D(DW does not). Would they do it?

Theo

Anybody ever had their bed (twin bed) moved onto the balcony. For our upcoming cruise, Panama Canal, we have a balcony that seems large enough to have one of the beds set up there. I like to try sleeping outside :D(DW does not). Would they do it?

Theo

1. I don’t think it would fit?

2. Mosquitos

3. Salty water spray. (Moist/wet mattress? Ewww)

Sounds like a good dream but a bad idea.

Try having a nap on a towel on the floor there and see how you feel :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. I don’t think it would fit?

2. Mosquitos

3. Salty water spray. (Moist/wet mattress? Ewww)

Sounds like a good dream but a bad idea.

Try having a nap on a towel on the floor there and see how you feel :)

Missed one, during one of the coolest months, the heat and humidity were still stifling.:eek:

As said, Good Dream, BAD Idea.

1. I don’t think it would fit? I think it will fit on the larger Balcony.

2. Mosquitos Thinking more for sea days, not while in the canal.

3. Salty water spray. (Moist/wet mattress? Ewww) Good point, never thought about that one.

Sounds like a good dream but a bad idea. Good idea but maybe bad dreams ;).

Try having a nap on a towel on the floor there and see how you feel :)Thought about that but not too comfy. Maybe if I go with the other suggestion and use a stack of blankets from MUTS.

Or maybe they will get me one of the pool loungers + the blankets.

Theo

What about bringing an air mattress and some insect screening? :rolleyes:

That's it, best solution, Thanks. Still need the blankets from the MUTS though.

Like the hammock idea too but wonder if there would be places to hang it from.

Theo

Or maybe they will get me one of the pool loungers + the blankets.

Theo

We had a large balcony on an Oceania Cruise. My husband asked for lounges for the balcony and they were delivered. The cruise was 18 days, Rome to Rio, and he slept outside every night. He loved it! He did have a knit cap that he wore out there most nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

why not just take the cover off your bed? why try to take MUTS blankets away from the people on deck that actually use them for the purpose intended?

I though their intended purpose was to keep you warm when on the ship no matter where they were used?:confused:

I though their intended purpose was to keep you warm when on the ship no matter where they were used?:confused:

yet , they are put out and taken off only at MUTS...

nevermind, it's princess...there is no...:rolleyes:

I always request an extra blanket on a ship. I have always gotten one, no questions asked. I use it on my bed, but often take it out on the balcony if I’m cold while I’m sitting out there. Just ask for a blanket and if you need two, ask for one for your wife.

One thing comes to mind....Really?. If you want to sleep outside, just tell the deck crew you want a lounger left, take it up on the highest deck, sleep yourself away under the stars....(but, please make sure you wear pajamas)

yet , they are put out and taken off only at MUTS...

nevermind, it's princess...there is no...:rolleyes:

We use ours in the refrigerator like Vista lounge in the afternoon when they show a movie.

Try & get a MUTS blanket at that time and you'll soon realize why people keep them till the end of the cruise.

Theo

You do not state what category your cabin is in. Suites have loungers with a nice pad that would lend itself to a sleeping on the balcony. If your balcony can accommodate a lounger see if you can get one to use for what you want to do.

Theo

Try a hammock!!!!

You do not state what category your cabin is in. Suites have loungers with a nice pad that would lend itself to a sleeping on the balcony. If your balcony can accommodate a lounger see if you can get one to use for what you want to do.

Unfortunately not enough $$$ saved for a suite but maybe if I'm really nice to our steward she/he can snag me one of those loungers + pad.

Don't forget -- depending on your deck -- you're on view from above while on your balcony.

We are sailing the Coral Princess and have booked one of the balcony cabins on Emerald deck aft;

Coral%20cabin%20BE.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpXHHKIzxJOaDinunq-igiJ5fp40dYnZn6qgEpZNJOOf6UjSV08Zp14oJRfUPcr8yx4BEyNyojtZ1UOPUKz1aeHlOBRCABU5oxOXuBemtYtFye9JRvTs5BwAkreaKFgz2-0hd93-PUoawnhZjhCZ7G16iNkKtuz9Fepr70xi8x-1x_NIjTPSIZbiUrUYyi-vXzLTOYwcizAnsg4RTf4So4n2hyTPTWsHHVFGNc3iZXArchb006Q62CbPV1vN4Nd6cHWtvK9&attredirects=0

These cabins are fully covered. I think the balcony is large enough to accommodate a lounger or does anybody know for sure they are not?

Theo

Unfortunately not enough $$$ saved for a suite but maybe if I'm really nice to our steward she/he can snag me one of those loungers + pad.

We are sailing the Coral Princess and have booked one of the balcony cabins on Emerald deck aft;

Coral%20cabin%20BE.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpXHHKIzxJOaDinunq-igiJ5fp40dYnZn6qgEpZNJOOf6UjSV08Zp14oJRfUPcr8yx4BEyNyojtZ1UOPUKz1aeHlOBRCABU5oxOXuBemtYtFye9JRvTs5BwAkreaKFgz2-0hd93-PUoawnhZjhCZ7G16iNkKtuz9Fepr70xi8x-1x_NIjTPSIZbiUrUYyi-vXzLTOYwcizAnsg4RTf4So4n2hyTPTWsHHVFGNc3iZXArchb006Q62CbPV1vN4Nd6cHWtvK9&attredirects=0

These cabins are fully covered. I think the balcony is large enough to accommodate a lounger or does anybody know for sure they are not?

Theo

“Snagging” one of the public area loungers for your cabin is the ultimate in the “drops paperback on lounger in the morning to secure it, not seen again till 4 pm” category. Except your snagging is a 24 hour entire cruise length proposal. Does that sound just a teeny little bit entitled to you...? [emoji41]

I realize that not everyone wants to sleep on their balcony. But if 10% of the ship wanted to, there’s not be a single chair by the pool.

Hmmmm..... maybe I want one of those comfy chairs from explorers lounge in my cabin.... I do like reading in those.... [emoji12]

“Snagging” one of the public area loungers for your cabin is the ultimate in the “drops paperback on lounger in the morning to secure it, not seen again till 4 pm” category. Except your snagging is a 24 hour entire cruise length proposal. Does that sound just a teeny little bit entitled to you...? [emoji41]

I realize that not everyone wants to sleep on their balcony. But if 10% of the ship wanted to, there’s not be a single chair by the pool.

Hmmmm..... maybe I want one of those comfy chairs from explorers lounge in my cabin.... I do like reading in those.... [emoji12]

If you would have read my post correctly then you would have noticed that I was merely replying to the suggestion of getting one of those "Suite" lounges with pad.

As for your 10% analysis; by the looks of it I'm so far the only one that would be crazy enough to give it a try. If you like one of those comfy chairs in your cabin, ask your cabin steward, probably not but you never know.

Theo

Hahaha

I consider myself lucky to get bathrobes, not gonna rock the ship and ask for something extra!

Come to think of it, recently on a FB group Brits were discussing asking for kettles in their cabin and getting full tea service setup. I might try that, and pack some good coffee! [emoji12]

I hope you’ll update us on your “cruise ship camping” efforts. It better include photos though, or it didn’t happen!

Hahaha

I consider myself lucky to get bathrobes, not gonna rock the ship and ask for something extra!

Come to think of it, recently on a FB group Brits were discussing asking for kettles in their cabin and getting full tea service setup. I might try that, and pack some good coffee! [emoji12]

I hope you’ll update us on your “cruise ship camping” efforts. It better include photos though, or it didn’t happen!

Cruise is not until November but I'll post the results (with picture if warranted).

Theo