arm and leg to get my dl

I’d pay the $51, but I live in NJ, where getting a replacement drivers license means gathering up a lot of identity proof, and spending a lot of time waiting at the DMV.

It's the same requirements since the 9/11 tragedy. All you need is 6 points and you're more than half way there with a valid passport or a NJ digital license. Also, it's only $24 (a steal compared with the cost of living here) for a 4 year license--go towards the middle of the month and stay away from the end.

Since you are posting this on a public message board does it mean you will be starting a go fund me account

I would assume he/she is posting it to a public forum so he can expose a corporation's crappy business practice with hopes of the business seeing it, and changing their policy. Also as a warning to other customers.

That's kind of one of the things a discussion forum is for...ya know?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

(y)(y)(y)

I would assume he/she is posting it to a public forum so he can expose a corporation's crappy business practice with hopes of the business seeing it, and changing their policy. Also as a warning to other customers.

(y)(y) Well said

It's the same requirements since the 9/11 tragedy. All you need is 6 points and you're more than half way there with a valid passport or a NJ digital license. Also, it's only $24 (a steal compared with the cost of living here) for a 4 year license--go towards the middle of the month and stay away from the end.

I definitely know not to go at the end of the month. I’m in northeast NJ, I think we have the busiest DMV’s, with the surliest employees. I have a friend who lives is 5be Atlantic City area who says his DMV is fine.

I lost mine at a major sporting venue. I was able to call security and confirm they had it. Then simply had to send them a self addressed, stamped envelope along with a note confirming my name, address, date of the event I attended and the issuing state. Tells me they collect quite a few and organize by date and state. You may be able to ask if this is an option if you're willing to wait on snail mail. Took me a week to get mine back.

So which Corp. are you talking about, ups,fed ex, uspo? Royal is not a shipping co., they do the same as you or I would do to ship a package, pay the rate, charge the person wanting the item.

$51? Gotta love how customer service oriented they are. Sure there's a cost associated with delivering the ID to you but considering you just spent thousands of dollars on your cruise and the shipping weight is a few ounces, they could throw you a bone. Small gestures like that foster relationships that could give them an insane ROI over the lifetime of their relationship with you as a customer. Idiotic.

It seems the OP cancelled 5 future Royal cruises a few months ago and posted it here on public message board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54072022&postcount=1

It doesn't seem like either Royal or the OP has much of an incentive to foster any future relationship.

I definitely know not to go at the end of the month. I’m in northeast NJ, I think we have the busiest DMV’s, with the surliest employees. I have a friend who lives is 5be Atlantic City area who says his DMV is fine.

You should move to Monmouth County.

:D

Agree but a warning to others? Like as in don’t leave your DL on the ship. Pretty sure this post isn’t going to make people use more caution on that one. You either mistakenly misplace it or you don’t. And while RCL is seemingly charging a lot to mail it, $51 is a very cheap mistake in the grand scheme of things. But still the post does let others know how stingy they are regarding customer service and that to me is the main point. Of course each cruise works off of razor thin profit margins.

I wonder what they would charge to mail that wedding band discussed in the other thread.? Probably more as that one might require insurance.

It cost me approximately $60 to ship my bag (45 lbs.)from FLL to NJ. It's a long story, but the problem was that Customer Service which I dealt with was in Oregon and they never told me that FedEx required a money order. We had cash or credit card to pay, but to no--FedEx had to take it back and re-deliver.:confused:

They don’t carry cash in their delivery vehicles for safety reasons. Credit Cards cards may be disputed. Money Orders made out to FedEx are non transferable to anyone other that FedEx.

They don’t carry cash in their delivery vehicles for safety reasons. Credit Cards cards may be disputed. Money Orders made out to FedEx are non transferable to anyone other that FedEx.

My comment was that we should have been told by RCL of payment form rather than waste 2 days for the FedEx delivery.

Wow, they are out of order for that! LOL! I am sorry to laugh but as others have stated, I driver license doesn't cost a thing to mail. No one special needs to pick it up either. It goes with outgoing mail, doesn't even need an envelope. Now, if they want to cover their butts and get proof of delivery, that's where FedEX or someone similar would come in hand. But really, it'd be better to just say "we are not responsible for items lost in mail."

I had a somewhat similar experience with Southwest airlines. Left a $17 souvenir I'd just picked up at the check in counter. I told the flight attendant, she said they found it and gave me a phone number. I called the number and was told they'd send it fedex. I was like, it's ok, I only live 3 miles from the airport, I'll come and get it. I'd seen their lost and found room and it was always lots of stuff in there, so in my mind this is where my item would end up. They insisted I MUST use FedEX, and asked for my account #...set up the account...gave them the number, then they asked for credit card to charge the $28. I was like huh? Did you not put it on the plane? Even if you didn't, it's something the size of a to-go box weighing 1.5lbs.

It was such a surprise because the flight attendant and I talked about it for a long time, she was like, no big deal. Then said, great news, I found it for you and will get if for you..blah blah blah. So yeah, I'd been to this city no less than 10 times but never wanted to pay that much for this type of souvenir....I finally bought one but in the end it ended up costing me $45..... then my 4 year old broke it lol!

Wow, they are out of order for that! LOL! I am sorry to laugh but as others have stated, I driver license doesn't cost a thing to mail. No one special needs to pick it up either. It goes with outgoing mail, doesn't even need an envelope. Now, if they want to cover their butts and get proof of delivery, that's where FedEX or someone similar would come in hand. But really, it'd be better to just say "we are not responsible for items lost in mail."

I had a somewhat similar experience with Southwest airlines. Left a $17 souvenir I'd just picked up at the check in counter. I told the flight attendant, she said they found it and gave me a phone number. I called the number and was told they'd send it fedex. I was like, it's ok, I only live 3 miles from the airport, I'll come and get it. I'd seen their lost and found room and it was always lots of stuff in there, so in my mind this is where my item would end up. They insisted I MUST use FedEX, and asked for my account #...set up the account...gave them the number, then they asked for credit card to charge the $28. I was like huh? Did you not put it on the plane? Even if you didn't, it's something the size of a to-go box weighing 1.5lbs.

It was such a surprise because the flight attendant and I talked about it for a long time, she was like, no big deal. Then said, great news, I found it for you and will get if for you..blah blah blah. So yeah, I'd been to this city no less than 10 times but never wanted to pay that much for this type of souvenir....I finally bought one but in the end it ended up costing me $45..... then my 4 year old broke it lol!

I love SW air. But one time wife left her iPad in the pocket of the seat in front of her on flight back from Vegas. We were the last to deplane and last flight of the night. Noticed at luggage pickup on other side of security and called then and they said something like cleaning crew had started and they couldn’t find it. That one kind of pissed me off b/c it was obvious an employee had to of found it. I was sure when we called right away they would get it to us before we left the airport. Never did get it back. She learned her lesson and doesn’t store anything of value in those pockets. Had totally forgot about that one until I just read your post.

My husband isn't here to ask the name but it was for a blonde female from Michigan I believe. If it is you they owe you nothing.

from Oklahoma. The security people told us to take it to our ship and if you weren't on it then bring it back out to them. We were also told they would leave a note for you or else we would have just brought it home and mailed it ourselves. I'd love to know if it was you.

I love SW air. But one time wife left her iPad in the pocket of the seat in front of her on flight back from Vegas. We were the last to deplane and last flight of the night. Noticed at luggage pickup on other side of security and called then and they said something like cleaning crew had started and they couldn’t find it. That one kind of pissed me off b/c it was obvious an employee had to of found it. I was sure when we called right away they would get it to us before we left the airport. Never did get it back. She learned her lesson and doesn’t store anything of value in those pockets. Had totally forgot about that one until I just read your post.
Reminds me of the time I left my phone in the cup holder in my Avis rental. I got on the bus to go to the terminal and realized I left it. The bus didn't even leave the Avis lot and took me back. (5 mins max).

2 employees were already preparing the car for the next person. I asked them if my phone was in the cupholder. They said "nope....didn't see a phone". So I then pulled out my 2nd phone and called it. Yes.....it was in one of the guys back pockets ringing with the Good, Bad, and Ugly soundtrack.

Manager fired him on the spot and gave me a $300 credit for my next rental.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk