Royal IQ App Question

We will be going on the Anthem of the Seas in June of 2019. It will be my 9th cruise but first one since have kids which will be 4 and 3 for our cruise.

The thing I loved about cruising was once getting on the ship and checking in with family/friends that we got on the ship we would turn off our phones for the week and not turn them back on until we got back.

I love the idea of the Royal iQ app and it’s functionality and feel like it would be very beneficial communicating with my wife or grandma if we need to meet up or something during the day especially with the kids being so young.

However I don’t know how I feel about having my iPhone on me all the time with the risk of losing it or getting in the pool and being out the expensive iPhone.

So can this be done...buy a “burner phone” at Walmart before for $20/$30 that has WiFi access and download the app? Has anyone done that before?

This would still enable me to turn off my phone and put it away for the well with still have the functionality of using the app on the Anthem

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal IQ was launched in 2014 for the Quantum Class ships and is available for Quantum, Anthem, Ovation and Harmony.

Why is has appeared on Harmony is a bit of a mystery.

With Royal iQ, you can:

• View the Daily Cruise Compass

• Book Shore Excursions

• Make Dining Reservation

• Schedule Entertainment (i.e. - Grease & We Will Rock You)

• Reserve Onboard Activities (i.e. - RipCord by iFly & FlowRider Lessons)

• Call & Text Others Onboard for a Nominal Fee

• Make & Receive Calls to Friends & Family on Land for a Nominal Fee

• View Your Statement

RCI Smartphone app was launched August 2017 and debuted on Allure. Currently available for Allure, Oasis, Serenade, Enchantment and Symphony.

Version 1.6.2 lets guests:

• Learn about the hundreds of activities, movies, and shows available onboard, and use category filters to sort them to their preferences

• Explore off-ship adventures to make the most of our port stops

• Peruse complete restaurant, bar, and lounge options onboard

• Plan a day of indulgence with our array of spa offerings

• Use deck plan illustrations to navigate the ship

This latest smartphone app is reported to be Project Excalibur, which is expected to roll out to the entire fleet by end of 2019

It will be updated with new features as time goes by

Latest additions for Symphony debut are:

-Access to improved guest accounts

-Can make reservations for specialty dining restaurants

-May now take advantage of the app’s online check-in functionality

Edited by icsys

I am still confused as to why there are two different apps and the difference between them.

My understanding is that the Royal IQ app will be phased out and the newer Royal Caribbean App will take it's place at some point. Currently, the older app has texting capability that requires them to setup their firewalls is a way that also allows iMessage to work with no app and no VOOM, so I can see why they want to get rid of it.