New aqua spa cafe menu and format

ghstudio

New aqua spa cafe format and menu

At some point during our current cruise on the infinity, they changed the aqua spa cafe....again....but this time I think it’s for the better.

Now, you don’t take your small plate...instead they have a sample plate for their 11 or so available and they hand you a plate they make up right there. Many salads, a soup, a few small sandwiches....a nice assortment....and a new lighted menu on the wall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice to hear. Thanks for posting. I suppose it's too much to hope that they brought back the cooked to order dishes?

The cooked to order items were not available a few weeks ago on the Reflection. There is a menu on the wall listing the salads, sandwiches, soups, etc.. These items were set and did not change at all for the entire 10 day cruise. We didn’t care for their new salads, they just weren’t as tasty as the ones we enjoyed last November. It's too bad, the Spa Cafe was our go to eatery on port days.

Glad to hear they added some variety back. Always used to enjoy a couple meals at the Aqua Spa Cafe, especially on longer cruises, but last cruise there were so few dishes available it was pathetic.

New aqua spa cafe format and menu

At some point during our current cruise on the infinity, they changed the aqua spa cafe....again....but this time I think it’s for the better.

Now, you don’t take your small plate...instead they have a sample plate for their 11 or so available and they hand you a plate they make up right there. Many salads, a soup, a few small sandwiches....a nice assortment....and a new lighted menu on the wall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi ghstudio -

I'm guessing this is your observation from your current cruise you are posting from on Infinity? If yes, this does sound like an improvement to what I experienced on Silhouette from Dec 2017. As C-Dragons described, that was what I experienced on Silhouette. The things I tried were tasty, but never rotated so it became boring very quickly. Now I have more reasons to look forward to October. :)

Walter

Very busy spot early for all the joggers and gym folks. Bananas and some other fruit on bagels, a turkey spinach wrap,cut up melon, smoothies. Also some cut date loaves, or prune stuff, etc. Lunch had chicken, egg, tuna, and salmon salads. But I truly missed the grilled shrimp from previous cruises. The menu stayed the same for 2 weeks as we went btb. Tables were full all the time.

Glad to hear they added some variety back. Always used to enjoy a couple meals at the Aqua Spa Cafe, especially on longer cruises, but last cruise there were so few dishes available it was pathetic.

On Silhouette, it was the same items each day. No changes. The food was good and attractively presented but no variety. There was also no salmon cooked to order.

On Silhouette, it was the same items each day. No changes. The food was good and attractively presented but no variety. There was also no salmon cooked to order.

We were bored with the sections at the Aqua Spa Cafe after a few days on the Silhouette in February. Tasty, but no variety.

Hope it will have improved by next February when we sail on the Equinox. Looks like we will sailing together again. Will you be up for more Triva?

It would be great if they brought back the salmon for lunch, and the made to order breakfast items.

I LOVED their salmon and ate there everyday! DH would get a hamburger at the Mast grill and we would share. On our January 2018 cruise I asked how I could get the salmon: order it specially in advance at the MDR for lunch OR call room service and order it each day. Takes 30 min and you are wait in your room. Mercy me! Bring back Aqua Spa salmon!! I will admit the room service salmon was delish.

We were bored with the sections at the Aqua Spa Cafe after a few days on the Silhouette in February. Tasty, but no variety.

Hope it will have improved by next February when we sail on the Equinox. Looks like we will sailing together again. Will you be up for more Triva?

The first couple of lunches were really very good. But after a couple of days, we were hoping for some variety. Not available.

February seems a long time away. Will have to brush up on Trivia to keep up with you two. Otherwise, I will be farmed out to the minor leagues.

I am very disappointed! Didn't know that you could no longer get the cooked to order items like the salmon. That has been my go to lunch on several cruises!

I agree!!! I was so disappointed last month on the Eclipse. I have a healthy breakfast and always had the salmon and salad at the Aqua Spa for lunch. That way I could have soup to nuts for dinner without guilt.

Celebrity!!! Please bring back the salmon...it was the best salmon on the ship. Moist and cooked perfectly!!