Upgraded to Balcony

CruiseGal999

On a cruise this fall on the Ruby Princess, I saw that the the interior cabin went down in price. And a balcony cabin, while more than my interior, was a reasonable upgrade fee.

SO .... staying on same deck (12) I moved to a balcony!

I was told that MAYBE if prices drop more, MAYBE Princess can help me out with the lower price.

I honestly have had great service with Princess cus. svc. reps. on the phone. Much better than anyone I've ever spoken with at NCL.

Also, can anyone tell me if there are computers & printers guests can use? I don't want a week long internet package ... just a few minutes at end of cruise to check in for flight and print boarding pass. Thanks.

On our past cruises there has been a special offer on the last full day--15 or 20 minutes of internet time for $10 or something similar. Yes, there are printers, but they have a "per page" fee. A better approach is to use the internet time to do your on line check in but print out the boarding pass at no charge at the airport...or have it sent to your cell phone and use that to board.

I've never seen this offered before the last full day, but it has popped up on every cruise. Seems to be a standard thing.

On our past cruises there has been a special offer on the last full day--15 or 20 minutes of internet time for $10 or something similar. Yes' date=' there are printers, but they have a "per page" fee. A better approach is to use the internet time to do your on line check in but print out the boarding pass at no charge at the airport...or have it sent to your cell phone and use that to board.

I've never seen this offered before the last full day, but it has popped up on every cruise. Seems to be a standard thing.[/quote']

There used to be a per page or per job fee when it was MTN internet, then a couple of years ago when it wasn't MTN anymore it was free printing - have they really re-introduced a print fee?

There used to be a per page or per job fee when it was MTN internet, then a couple of years ago when it wasn't MTN anymore it was free printing - have they really re-introduced a print fee?

On our Star Princess cruise, there was a charge for printing.

Last summer on the Diamond there was a charge. That's my most recent.

On our past cruises there has been a special offer on the last full day--15 or 20 minutes of internet time for $10 or something similar. Yes' date=' there are printers, but they have a "per page" fee. A better approach is to use the internet time to do your on line check in but print out the boarding pass at no charge at the airport...or have it sent to your cell phone and use that to board.

I've never seen this offered before the last full day, but it has popped up on every cruise. Seems to be a standard thing.[/quote']

Excellent. That is what I was hoping/looking for. I'll do that ... send it to my phone for boarding.

Congrats on the move to the balcony, We always love them.

I haven't had a balcony since 2013. This cruise has 1 sea day down to mexico and 1 sea day back ... so I'm thinking/hoping there'll be some time to use it. And the daylight! Love having that.

On a cruise this fall on the Ruby Princess, I saw that the the interior cabin went down in price. And a balcony cabin, while more than my interior, was a reasonable upgrade fee.

SO .... staying on same deck (12) I moved to a balcony!

I was told that MAYBE if prices drop more, MAYBE Princess can help me out with the lower price.

I honestly have had great service with Princess cus. svc. reps. on the phone. Much better than anyone I've ever spoken with at NCL.

Also, can anyone tell me if there are computers & printers guests can use? I don't want a week long internet package ... just a few minutes at end of cruise to check in for flight and print boarding pass. Thanks.

You made the right decision.....:):):)

Bob

Enjoy your balcony. It’s always great when you can get one for not too much more than an inside.

Thanks. I always worried about getting a balcony on a shorter cruise. It's only a 5 day cruise. But with sea days ... hoping to find time to sit out there.

Dont forget about easy check. 25.00 per person, but gets your bags checked all the way to your final destination, check in on your airline, and a printed boarding pass.

You must have a copy of your flight itinerary. Plus airline bags fees apply. If they normally charge you.

I just want to add that my balcony is (and I know it's a cabin, but this works better for now) Room 222. Get it? Room 222 .... someone out there will.

Thank you about the checked baggage & fee. But I only travel with carry on. I travel solo now and it's easier and an OCD thing.