Future Cruise Credit

In years past we would purchase extras and have transferred to our daughter & SNL as well as friends.

We did that 5-6 Times. However the newer ones were not transferable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In years past we would purchase extras and have transferred to our daughter & SNL as well as friends.

We did that 5-6 Times. However the newer ones were not transferable.

Those would have been next cruise certificates. You cannot purchase Future cruise certicates as they are given to guests as compensation for issues on the cruise like shortened cruises, cancelled cruises, serious issues on board that people were compensated for etc...

Those would have been next cruise certificates. You cannot purchase Future cruise certicates as they are given to guests as compensation for issues on the cruise like shortened cruises, cancelled cruises, serious issues on board that people were compensated for etc...

I believe that would be future cruise credit. We definitely had Future Cruise Certificates when they also came with the option to pass along the same OBC for up to two family or friends in additional cabins. Then they changed the name to Next Cruise Certificates and dropped the friends & family offers.

At least that’s they way I remember it. Like I said it has been years ago. I have one last NCC purchased in 2012 I still need to use.

Our FCC had to be used by the named person only toward final payment (no deposit) and had to be redeemed within one year of when we received it. Our's were due to a canceled cruise, by us, and I had four of them for kids and grandkids that had to be used by them.

Can I give my FCC to a friend?

Strange it says that it can be transferred if owner sends a letter transferring fcc to xxxx

Would you care to share the reason that RC gave you the FCC? Perhaps this will shed some light on the situation.

I believe that would be future cruise credit. We definitely had Future Cruise Certificates when they also came with the option to pass along the same OBC for up to two family or friends in additional cabins. Then they changed the name to Next Cruise Certificates and dropped the friends & family offers.

At least that’s they way I remember it. Like I said it has been years ago. I have one last NCC purchased in 2012 I still need to use.

Effective March 16, 2013 the NextCruise Program also included:

YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY CAN BENEFIT TOO!

You can receive the same onboard credit for both yourself and two other staterooms (for friends and family sailing with you) by giving their information when you book.

*$100 deposit not applicable to suites category GS or higher. For all NextCruise bookings, standard cancellation policies apply. Open Booking deposit is non-refundable.

These Certificates that were given to Family & Friends were also called NextCruise Certificates. FCCs are usually given as compensation for something that has happened either before boarding or once on board.

Edited by cruisenfever

The reason for the FCC was due to an accident on the ship. It clearly states that is can be transferred with a letter and must be booked on RCCL or Celebrity by Jan 2019. My Travel Agent said she never has seen one like this before and make to make sure that I follow all the rules. Kinda Scary.

The reason for the FCC was due to an accident on the ship. It clearly states that is can be transferred with a letter and must be booked on RCCL or Celebrity by Jan 2019. My Travel Agent said she never has seen one like this before and make to make sure that I follow all the rules. Kinda Scary.

Interesting, I've seen where you have to travel by the expiration date, not book by the expiration date.