What lines do not charge an air deviation fee when booking their cruise air?

happy cruzer

I found out that Princess and Seabourn do not have the air deviation fee for picking flights and schedules for cruise air. The cruise air fare is just based on the price that the cruise line is getting for that flight with no added fee shown. Now I am wondering how many other lines do this. Sometimes a line will offer "free" air but then to book the flights and days you want you pay the deviation fee which is non refundable once the flights are picked.

Knowing if a line has no air deviation fee could help evaluate the full cost of the vacation (including travel insurance :) ) so a list of the lines with no fee would be great.

Thanks.

Holland America lets you choose add-on flights and then prices them. I didn't see any apparent deviation charged for flying several days in advance of or after the cruise, but I also assume that there's some variation in flight cost by the day of the week one wants to fly.

So maybe the Carnival Corportation lines are using the same booking tool and don't charge the deviation fee. Many Princess cruisers love that tool. Some look at the air rates alot and refare their flexible rates. I'll add HAL to my list. Thanks.

Love the cruise air board for help with independent air, cruise air is not their choice usually.

I found out that Princess and Seabourn do not have the air deviation fee for picking flights and schedules for cruise air. The cruise air fare is just based on the price that the cruise line is getting for that flight with no added fee shown. Now I am wondering how many other lines do this. Sometimes a line will offer "free" air but then to book the flights and days you want you pay the deviation fee which is non refundable once the flights are picked.

Knowing if a line has no air deviation fee could help evaluate the full cost of the vacation (including travel insurance :) ) so a list of the lines with no fee would be great.

Thanks.

Oceania is one of the cruise lines where economy airfare (or an air credit) is included in the cabin price. If you choose to not take the credit and DIY, flights arranged by Oceania will usually be those arriving/departing on embarkation/disembarkation days.

If, like us, you prefer to arrive days earlier (particularly on Intercontinental routes), there is a deviation fee (charged once you accept desirable alternative flights). However, folks with certain higher loyalty levels do get air deviation waivers.

We pretty much always take the air credit since we prefer Star Alliance partners connecting through select hubs, at least on pre-cruise flights and we seldom do cruise start/end from the same port.

Glad to see that the OP is looking at more than cabin price comparisons. The "net daily rate" (I.e., ALL required/anticipated cruise vacation costs, e.g., airfare, internet, beverages et al., divided by days away from home) is the best way to help determine true value. Of course, the quality of what you get for your hard earned dollars is the other key factor (which is why we consider Oceania to be value laden).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We only care about the bottom line. Either cruise and air together or purchased separately. Any charges above the line do not concern is as we are only focussed on the final price to us. The rest is noise level.