Bedside tables in cabin?

cascades102

Hi All,

I have to bring my CPAP machine with me and we've never cruised before. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether or not there is a bedside table that I could place my machine on? Also, what length of extension cord do I need to bring (12 ft / 15 ft) to plug it in? I read in another thread that there is only one outlet and it's over by the desk but I'm not sure how far away that is?:o

We sail a week from this Monday (April 9th) but are flying into Miami early so any help you can provide me with would be great.

Thanks in advance!

I think it might depend on what type of cabin you have, and you can see layouts on the Carnival web page. We usually do a porthole, the lay out is like a window view, so there is at east one nightstand. And then the bed has the desk on the other side. Nightstand is not large, desk is good sized. IF your ship has been recently remodeled you should have more than one outlet. I hope that helps. The plugs are not far from the bed, and the cabins are not huge.

We were in an interior cabin (Conquest) a couple years ago and it had two small tables with lamps. I can't remember, but the lamps might be secured to the tables, not leaving much room. That might be why I put my fan on the vanity mirror stool. With the bed in a king configuration, they were on either side. If the beds are in twin configuration, I think they usually put the tables between them. I've read quite a few people who take a CPAP, so you should be ok. Use the stool if necessary.

We prefer to take a long extension cord over a power strip. I think ours is 8 ft. In our cabin aboard the Conquest, there was just the one outlet at the desk/vanity mirror. The cord was long enough to put my portable fan at bedside as well as reach into the bathroom for my wife's curling iron. We also took a 3-way outlet adapter.

Edited by Organized Chaos

You may likely not be able to use the bedside tables as sometimes they have lights affixed to them, and they are very small. But as someone else already suggested, you can pull the vanity seat over next to the bed and it will give you a large safe are to put your CPAP.

Hi All,

I have to bring my CPAP machine with me and we've never cruised before. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether or not there is a bedside table that I could place my machine on? Also, what length of extension cord do I need to bring (12 ft / 15 ft) to plug it in? I read in another thread that there is only one outlet and it's over by the desk but I'm not sure how far away that is?:o

We sail a week from this Monday (April 9th) but are flying into Miami early so any help you can provide me with would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Put your extension cord in the bag with the c-pap -make sure it is just a standard (12' is fine) no surge protector- most cabins are under 185 sq feet, unless you are in a suite. You may be able to find pictures of your room on youtube or other such sites to get the exact layout but typically the vanity area is opposite from the bed. Might want some tape at night to prevent tripping - we unplugged it during the day and threw the cord under the bed so it was out of the way and the outlet free. We also took a 3 plug basic dollar tree outlet so it could run and other things charge over night.

My friend brings her machine every cruise. We pull out one of the bedside tables a few inches and she set her machine up against the wall and them pushes the table back until it is up against the machine. She runs the extension cord under her bed and then across the floor at night and them un-plugs the cord and stores it under the foot of her bed.

Bedside tables on CCL have ugly, cone-shaped shades on the lamps that are fixed in the middle of the nightstand. There is room inside the base (door swings) to store a purse or small backpack. There is barely room for a washcloth that isn't folded or rolled anyplace on the top of the nightstand. I think these nightstands are ugly, outdated and useless (unless your kids hang their ship's card on a lanyard from the cone-shade!). They should be replaced - but I was shouted down here once for even suggesting it!

I'm glad others gave you the CPAP run-down for how to make it work in a CCL cabin.

Good idea using the stool from the desk! I usually try to balance it on the edge of the table...lol! I always bring a 15 ft extension cord, brand new, wrapped in that cardboard sleeve, and stowed in my cpap bag. Never had a problem. I tape it to the floor too. Works out fine. I also use the tap water. It is processed with reverse osmosis so it is fine too. But...I have a spare humidifier container I use when a travel, so I don't worry about it...

Those nightstands are really small & yes, the lamp is in the middle of it & cannot be moved. I think it's pretty annoying. Not sure how big a cpap machine is, but opening the door on the nightstand & putting it on the shelf might be an option. I know a full sized ipad fits in there, so it's bigger than the safe.

Hubby just puts his CPAP on the floor next to the bed. The hose is long enough to reach without issues. We bring an extension cord but some cruise lines will provide one. Also he just uses the tap water while on a cruise and never had a problem.

Bedside tables on CCL have ugly, cone-shaped shades on the lamps that are fixed in the middle of the nightstand. There is room inside the base (door swings) to store a purse or small backpack. There is barely room for a washcloth that isn't folded or rolled anyplace on the top of the nightstand. I think these nightstands are ugly, outdated and useless (unless your kids hang their ship's card on a lanyard from the cone-shade!). They should be replaced - but I was shouted down here once for even suggesting it!

I'm glad others gave you the CPAP run-down for how to make it work in a CCL cabin.

As ships are being refurbished, those lamps are being replaced with lamps tht have two USB ports in the base. Not sure if they are fixed to the table or not. EM

Example: New scenic OV on Elation (Grand Deck 14) with new lamp:

enhance

Same lamp in new inside cabin deck 14:

enhance

Both my DW and I travel with CPAP's. I have a "kit" I travel with both land and sea. 2-12ft Extension cords, 1 out let extender (turns one outlet into 4, non surge protected) and our CPAP's. So far so good getting our machines set up in a hotel or ship. (other then our last cruise when I forgot my power supply for my machine...Made for a some long nights for me lol)

On last suggestion I have used. In a pinch I used our small "bathroom" bag suitcase standing beside the bed to hold my machine.

I don't ever count on a cruise line or hotel to have extension cords for use. It may just be me but I feel better bringing what we need for our trips so we don't have issues.

Good luck and Happy Cruising

As ships are being refurbished, those lamps are being replaced with lamps tht have two USB ports in the base. Not sure if they are fixed to the table or not. EM

Example: New scenic OV on Elation (Grand Deck 14) with new lamp:

enhance

Same lamp in new inside cabin deck 14:

enhance

Thanks for the pics!