Time to board ship and Do I need my own blow dryer

CruisinPoodle

All cabins have a hair dryer. Needs to be plugged in by the desk. Some don't like it because you have to manually keep the switch depressed to work it. For my short hair it works just fine.

Embarkation time sometimes depends on the port and itinerary. Which embarkation port are you using?

Your travel agent should have information about boarding times, also your e-docs would have the same information. Which ship, which port?

As a general rule of thumb, boarding starts around 11, but there are exceptions, so if you'll tell us more about your itinerary, perhaps we can be more specific.

Has anyone figured out a good method for holding down the button on the hair dryer (not with your hand)? I’ve tried to wrap around a hair tie but it never goes very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone figured out a good method for holding down the button on the hair dryer (not with your hand)? I’ve tried to wrap around a hair tie but it never goes very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have used duct tape in the past. A short piece can be used several times. I much prefer my own hairdryer though and usually bring it.

Thanks for the info on the blow dryer. We are boarding on Sunday out of Ft. Lauderdale. Western Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The hairdryers on the ship are just fine. And that is one less item to pack.

Boarding time is usually around 11 am to get on the ship. It could be busy at that time in the Terminal but manageable.

I have used duct tape in the past. A short piece can be used several times.

I got stuck (ha!) on my last cruise with a blow dryer in the cabin that had been taped by a previous cruiser, and it was a pain to use because not only did I have to hold the button down, the residue of the glue got on my hands. Please also bring some WD-40 or something to remove the gunk if you do this.

I will be taking my own hair dryer in the future. It's a T3 travel size, and it'll work better and not be all gunked up.