Stapler for Luggage Tags

cookingmom

After folding your tags cover with clear packing tape, punch a hole thru tag attach with a plastic wire tie before getting on ship. Be sure to print several extra tags, also the suggestion of putting ID and itinerary in bag is a good idea..

We are spending the night before our Eurodam cruise at the Embassy Suites (so many mixed reviews-fingers crossed it is satisfactory). Just wondering if I need to bring a stapler from home to attach the luggage tags or does anyone have an easier solution.

We stayed at Embassy Suites in December before our cruise. They had several staplers sitting on the desk in the lobby all ready for everyone to use. From our experience, any of the hotels that routinely have cruisers know they need to have staplers available.

I use clear packing tape to 'laminate' the luggage tags. Punch holes in both ends. Use a cable/zip tie. Quick, secure, easy and not much to carry.

That's exactly what I do - no need to worry about a stapler, just attach the zip tie and you're done. The clear packing tape also helps if your suitcase gets wet from rain.

To answer the OP's question, hotels always have staplers at the front desk, just ask.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We are spending the night before our Eurodam cruise at the Embassy Suites (so many mixed reviews-fingers crossed it is satisfactory). Just wondering if I need to bring a stapler from home to attach the luggage tags or does anyone have an easier solution.

Hotel should provide one

Embassy good choice we believe having been there twice

There is an offer to purchase HAL luggage tag holders at the end of the check-in process when you print your luggage tags - are these the ones pictured?

Not sure, I bought mine from Amazon. They are very durable, one time investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We put them in snack size Ziploc bags, use a hole punch at one end and use a plastic zip tie to secure to our luggage. We just leave them packed (or in my backpack) and put them on at the hotel or luggage claim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do the same thing but omit the Ziploc bags.

Tag holders from Amazon are the best. You can use them over and over.

The brand I purchased was Highland.

They have two sizes one for carnival, Hal, Princess

And Norwegian and one for celebrity and royal Caribbean.

Before we had the tag holders, we would take a small roll of tape.

The tags work for me but some have some great ideas on what they do.

Spend multi-thousands on a cruise, and then use paper bag tags stapled on!

Get some clear plastic cruise holders with wire attachments. These are good for many cruises.

Cruise Luggage Tags Holder for Suitcases 8 Pc, Clear PVC Protector Ship Etag Bag Card

From Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why go to all the bother for any of it? It always seemed like a make work project to us.

Just fill out the tags that you get at the dock. The rest is busy work and noise level. You fill out the tags, 60 seconds or less, and then see the porter load then into the cage. You know you bag will be on the ship.....somewhere!

Why go to all the bother for any of it? It always seemed like a make work project to us.

Just fill out the tags that you get at the dock. The rest is busy work and noise level. You fill out the tags, 60 seconds or less, and then see the porter load then into the cage. You know you bag will be on the ship.....somewhere!

Personally the last thing I want to do when I get out if a taxi or Uber at the port is take the time to fill out luggage tags with all the craziness going on, my tags are already on my luggage, I tip the porter and walk on in to begin my cruise. To me spending a few bucks on some good tags after spending thousands on a cruise is my direction, JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve stayed at the Embassy Suites several times and never had a problem.