Stapler for Luggage Tags

cookingmom

We are spending the night before our Eurodam cruise at the Embassy Suites (so many mixed reviews-fingers crossed it is satisfactory). Just wondering if I need to bring a stapler from home to attach the luggage tags or does anyone have an easier solution.

We are spending the night before our Eurodam cruise at the Embassy Suites (so many mixed reviews-fingers crossed it is satisfactory). Just wondering if I need to bring a stapler from home to attach the luggage tags or does anyone have an easier solution.

I usually pack a small one, but the hotel business center or front desk should have one you can use.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can also buy luggage tag holders online which work very well. Make sure you get the ones that are specific to HAL tags.....to make sure it fits. They are plastic and have sturdy ties.

Just an FYI Highwind Travel sells some great tags you can purchase thru Amazon. We have several and they are very durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We put them in snack size Ziploc bags, use a hole punch at one end and use a plastic zip tie to secure to our luggage. We just leave them packed (or in my backpack) and put them on at the hotel or luggage claim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not just ask the front desk if you can use their stapler?

Stapling on a paper tag to your luggage and being able to withstand the handling at the pier is taking a big chance to us, thus we spent a few bucks to make certain we’re safe. A lost tag means delayed luggage, JOHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer the question asked, yes they have a stapler at the hotel and you don't need to bring one ;)

Don't forget to print extra tags and place them full sheet inside each bag you will be checking just in case.

This is a very practical...and good...idea, thank you for that!

I always print an itinerary and put it in our bags just in case they are lost so they can find us. Learned this from land tours.

I have had stapled or taped paper tags lost, so I use the plastic secure tag holders now instead. Even have done this on land tours. It helps.

Better than a lost bag!

We staple our labels on at home. We have done multiple long trips and connecting flights and the tags have never come off. We put them on at home, just in case our luggage is mislaid and we have a faint hope that the luggage may turn up at the ship. I am an optimist.

We do take extra tags with us, just in case our tags come off.

Sandra

When print-your-own labels first came into existence there were some VERY entertaining threads about how to reinforce the tags. I fold mine as instructed and then tape over them with shipping tape. Because we fly or take the train, I can't put the ship tags on at home. I've never had problems borrowing the stapler at the front desk.

Our last stay at the FLL Embassy Suites had something I've never seen before. As I approached the front desk to borrow a stapler, a bellman walked up to me and held out a stapler, saying "Do you need this?" Now that's service!

We staple our labels on at home. We have done multiple long trips and connecting flights and the tags have never come off. We put them on at home, just in case our luggage is mislaid and we have a faint hope that the luggage may turn up at the ship. I am an optimist.

We do take extra tags with us, just in case our tags come off.

Sandra

Call me cautious, but for various reasons, I never put my luggage tags on for the cruise before our flight.

I'm glad it has been no issue for you though.

For the OP, if you want to avoid the stapler thing, and, assuming you have a dollar store/dollarama/whatever, you can easily laminate your tags, put a hole in them and then attach them in your hotel with the plastic things.

We always put a boarding pass in our luggage to be safe in case something goes wrong so our luggage can be connected but so far, all has gone well and hopefully will continue that way (yn).

Embassy Suites has staplers -- scotch tape -- whatever you need.

Years ago when we had to print out our own luggage tags, I made my own sleeves for them -- used them for quite a few cruises. I just punch holes in the tags. When we are ready to leave for the pier, I attach them by using cable ties which I bring with me.

Last time I was in FLL, I bought a mini stapler at the Walgreens down the road.

Not a bad investment for around 6bucks (think it was 6) , and it came with a generous supply of staples.

Now I leave it in my carry-on, and don't have to trudge to the front desk to borrow one.