European USB Charger Recommendation

MightyMike

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a USB phone/tablet charger that would fit in one of the Celebrity 220V European-style power outlets.

It's my understanding that electrical outlets are scarce in staterooms. However, half go unused because they are the wrong type. I was thinking that if I had a European-style USB adapter, I could plug it into the 220V outlet to help keep the 110V outlets free for other things. I have plenty of 110V US-style USB adapters for phones and tablets, but nothing that would fit a 220V outlet.

I know that surge protectors are forbidden because of the fire danger they cause to the ship. I believe even extension cords are forbidden. I want to stay within the rules.

Does anyone have a picture of the outlets?

You could also purchase a couple European Adapters - and just plug in any USB adapter that is multivolt compatible - I do that all the time and plug my I phone adapter into it.

https://www.amazon.com/Ckitze-Europe-Travel-Power-Adapter/dp/B001EB26MO/ref=sr_1_12?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1522463706&sr=1-12&keywords=european+adapter

We take the European style plugs when going on a TA and they work well on the ship too.

There are adapters, and there are converters.

Adapters simply change the prongs but run at the higher voltage, most of your Apple and other small chargers work on either voltage so that’s what you should use, IF your device is okay with the voltage, read the label!

Generally, avoid CONVERTERS that change the voltage, unless you know you need them.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a USB phone/tablet charger that would fit in one of the Celebrity 220V European-style power outlets.

It's my understanding that electrical outlets are scarce in staterooms. However, half go unused because they are the wrong type. I was thinking that if I had a European-style USB adapter, I could plug it into the 220V outlet to help keep the 110V outlets free for other things. I have plenty of 110V US-style USB adapters for phones and tablets, but nothing that would fit a 220V outlet.

I know that surge protectors are forbidden because of the fire danger they cause to the ship. I believe even extension cords are forbidden. I want to stay within the rules.

Does anyone have a picture of the outlets?

MightyMike - I travel for work as well as for pleasure and I have the following that work well for my needs. Since you didn't mention how many USB items you want to charge at one time, I have a few options below that could work.

Option #1

Option #2

Option #3

You could also purchase a couple European Adapters - and just plug in any USB adapter that is multivolt compatible - I do that all the time and plug my I phone adapter into it.

https://www.amazon.com/Ckitze-Europe-Travel-Power-Adapter/dp/B001EB26MO/ref=sr_1_12?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1522463706&sr=1-12&keywords=european+adapter

Honestly, this is all you need if you have your own charging apparatus. No need to spend lots of money.

I agree with Jim_lain. As long as your device is dual voltage, and almost all phones and tablets are, then a simple plug adaptor is all you need.

Somewhere on the plug of your current converter it will show the voltage range. If it's something like 100-240, then it's dual voltage, and you can safely use an adaptor and the European socket.